JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for a spot to shoot long range +400-1000.

Hoping someone knows of a spot where I can setup some steel and shoot.

I'm a tri-county member, but shooting steel is better than punching paper sometimes. ;)

May be able to offer a finders fee if someone points me to a good spot.

Thanks.

Good luck buddy. I've been looking myself and no one will willingly give up their spot. Best thing to do is go out driving or google map. I found a few on google map from ridge to ridge but have not drove out there yet and really nothing flat on this side of the mountains. If you're willing to drive 2 hours maybe the eastern side is a better option?

I may have an area, but you would have to promise to take me with you.

It is 50 minutes from Vancouver in WA.
I might be interested in sharing resources here. I don't have a lot of time to just scout for a place so hoping likely spots found on Google Maps will pan out as useful is not too likely for me.

I live NE of Battle Ground, but have recently joined DRRC to have a safe and sane place to get some range and feel comfortable taking my kids. The Larch gravel pit is only 87 yards on the longest diagonal and you need to be there by yourself to use that distance. Not to mention the junk and crazies that show up there. So I drive the hour plus to DRRC now.

I, too am interested in longer ranges ... out to 600 would be ideal but even an hour drive to a spot with 300 yards has my attention and I'd be willing to provide transportation to someone from time to time to use that. I don't get out often though because of family / work obligations so I might not be viewed as an ideal candidate to share a prime location if someone is banking on getting a ride there with any amount of frequency.

So the spot I am thinking might work is probably pretty close to you. I am not worried about transportation, sometimes I like having 2 vehicles in remote places .It is more about having a spotter, someone to help set up targets, and someone to watch your back.

All that said, have you looked at the Kelso/castle rock range? It goes out to 300 and is fairly close .

If you want to go try longer range stuff in the woods let me know. I have seen possible areas at the spot in passing, but need to scout it out.

ive Got a buddy scouting 1 area we found, when I get a break I'm going to scout a spot I found near camp 18.

I'm definitely good with sharing resources, hopefully I can get my tow hooks installed this weekend on my new truck. Then I just need a free day to head out and scout.

Another member reached out about a spot he knows of, but it's up to him to share that.

TCGC does have 300, and I shoot there, but it's gotten boring. My RPR is begging to stretch it's legs;)

I've got a crew cab, so I'd be able to take a person and gear (I'll likely have another guy or 2 with me) if needed.

Sorry to bring up an old thread!

I've been playing on google maps as well trying to find some spots. I think I know of a couple places in hood river that I can get about 500 yards but I have to go scout again. It has been several years since I've been on this road but will check it out soon.

I have a I'd like to extend the range on my .308 as well! Would like to find a group of people looking to do the same thing. Like you said, help with spotting, setting up and most importantly watching each other's backs when out in the woods because you never know. Plus, I like to learn from others and I don't have a ton of long range experience.

I have 4wd and am willing to drive within 2 hours of Portland to shoot.

Steven

Thanks for bumping this, I got sidetracked this summer and haven't had time to drive around looking.

The 1 time we ran out to a spot to check out, someone was already set up and firing towards us at the road :(

We left quickly as we couldn't flag them that we were there, and it seemed like a bad spot due to that obviously.

Shame because google had it at 1200yrds.

Once the fire conditions improve, I'm going to get back to searching.

Hitting a steel is fun but I like competition shooting. Someone is in the pits
pulling and spotting my target. You know if you are hitting center of target.
You don't have to be a member to shoot matches at DRRC or TCGC. High fire
danger some areas are closed to shooting in the woods.:(:(:(
TCGC has a 600 yard 60 shot prone match this Sunday Aug. 19.;);)

Last Edited:
I have a couple locations I use but they are private property he smallest being 4k acres the other closer to 30k acres.
the problem arises with:
1. its not 2hrs from Portland
2. I work overseas so I wouldn't be able to set something up for the time being
3. if something went wrong its my bubblegum. (think liability, property (organic/non organic being shot, etc)
all said I have thought about in the future talking to the owners and setting up a long range weekend for those of us who want to stretch their platforms.

Has anyone found a spot with 1000+ yards? I have a rifle that I would eventually like to get out and stretch the legs on. There is a few spots up in Stevenson you could get about 500 yards on

Are you guys serious? Here's a hint, get a laser, get some plates, chains and tee posts.....and go make your own spot, chances are nobody will ever find them, or find you when you are shooting.

Are you guys serious? Here's a hint, get a laser, get some plates, chains and tee posts.....and go make your own spot, chances are nobody will ever find them, or find you when you are shooting.
There's doing it, and then there is doing it in a safe and completely legal manner...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top