JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not vocal songs, per se, but anything from the soundtracks from Band of Brothers, The Pacific, or the WWII installments of the Medal of Honor game series gets fast-tracked to the top of my playlist on Veterans' Day and Memorial Day. The score from Flight of the Intruder isn't far behind.

Black Sabbath's Paranoid album was huge when I was in Vietnam. Songs like Iron Man, Paranoid, War Pigs still take me back to that time.

Years later some songs by 3 Doors Down seemed to capture the conflicted thoughts I'd had overseas: It's Not My Time; Here Without You; Ticket to Heaven. I was close to unhinged when I came back and my girlfriend [God bless her] hung with me for several unpleasant years. The 3 Doors' song 'Let Me Go' kind of describes my surreal mood of being so fundamentally changed that she could never understand me, and I would never see the world the same way again. Good counseling helped, and we eventually married [43 years and still together].

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top