JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Haven't done any CAS recently, but used to shoot a lot in the BP classes (Frontiersman, BPCGF, etc.). Firearms are all over the map, but consistent with the BP category. Percussion revolvers, Old Model Ruger Vaqueros in .45 Colt, Henry (1860 reproduction) , '66 and '73 rifles in the same chambering, hammered double, etc..

Last Edited:
Thanks Guys
Thats part of the cowboy shooting fun...you can use about anything. And BP sounds like even more fun!
I shoot a pair of 38 Ruger Vaqueros, Marlin 38 lever , and a 16ga model 97 pump. Don't think I've ever had more fun with guns.

Pair of Ruger Vaqueros in .357/.38 special, Marlin 1894 in .357/.38 special and a Winchester 1897 in 12 ga. Course the "gamer" in me only shoots .38 specials and 12 ga promo ammo. LOL

checkout the web site: Woverton Mountain Peacekeepers

Aloha, Mark

I shoot a pair of 38 Ruger Vaqueros, Marlin 38 lever , and a 16ga model 97 pump. Don't think I've ever had more fun with guns.
I had over 15 seasons in SASS, with this set up or more commonly in 45LC. I favored the 16g 97 for years, eventually switched to SxS 12. Spent nearly 10 years with a brace of Gen 1 pre-1900 Colts using the Holy Black. It was perhaps short sighted of me to actually use my 97 as a BP gun that first time....
I did a season with Roooger Old Armies in BP as well. Lots of fun.

Back when I was still doing it in about 2007-2009 I used a pair of Uberti Cattlemen in .357 (still got 'em), a '97 Winchester 12 ga.(original) cut down to 18" (still got it) and a Uberti 1866 Winchester in .45 Colt (sold to a buddy).
I got tired of it for all the costuming and travel, which I spent a lot of $$ on as well as the cost of the guns.
Maybe I'll try my hand at three gun some day.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top