JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The .308 is WAY better at being American because its not metric.

If Americans designed good cars like thEy design amazing cartridges and rockets that put men on the moon unlike metric commie countries, I'd buy one.

America wouldn't still be dealing with filthy commies if we weren't handicapped by the stupid imperial system that is also foreign. Metric is a better system for navigation (UTM), measuring an arc (MRAD), and pretty much everything else that needs measuring.

In the spirit of international peace I'm now going to refer to my 308 as a 0,308" x 51mm.

My favorite cartridge is still the venerable 6.5x55. Better than the new short action 6.5's because in a long action you don't have to seat that 140 grain kills it all bullet so far back in the case that you limit powder capacity. Less recoil and muzzle flash and the animal is just as dead.

In the spirit of international peace I'm now going to refer to my 308 as a 0,308" x 51mm.

My favorite cartridge is still the venerable 6.5x55. Better than the new short action 6.5's because in a long action you don't have to seat that 140 grain kills it all bullet so far back in the case that you limit powder capacity. Less recoil and muzzle flash and the animal is just as dead.

Fine, the 7mm Rem Mag just became the .28 Rem Mag

America wouldn't still be dealing with filthy commies if we weren't handicapped by the stupid imperial system that is also foreign. Metric is a better system for navigation (UTM), measuring an arc (MRAD), and pretty much everything else that needs measuring.

How well does it do thirds?

Also, metric distance is based on the distance from the Equator to the North Pole. Only problem is that the Earth isn't a perfect sphere so that distance had to be calculated along the Prime Meridian. It wouldn't be the same at any other longitude nor from the Equator to the South Pole (the Earth is slightly apple shaped).

Even more worrisome that distance changes as time goes on, so it's really arbitrary. Metric weight is based on Metric distance and water, so as distance is not absolute, neither is weight, so you have a set of effectively arbitrary reference lengths and weights as well. No different or more scientific than the English system.

The decimal part is cool, but you can do that with the English system as well. And it does thirds easy peasy lemon squeezy.

How well does it do thirds?

Also, metric distance is based on the distance from the Equator to the North Pole. Only problem is that the Earth isn't a perfect sphere so that distance had to be calculated along the Prime Meridian. It wouldn't be the same at any other longitude nor from the Equator to the South Pole (the Earth is slightly apple shaped).

Even more worrisome that distance changes as time goes on, so it's really arbitrary. Metric weight is based on Metric distance and water, so as distance is not absolute, neither is weight, so you have a set of effectively arbitrary reference lengths and weights as well. No different or more scientific than the English system.

The decimal part is cool, but you can do that with the English system as well. And it does thirds easy peasy lemon squeezy.

My simple neanderthalic mind cannot comprehend such complex thoughts. I'll go back to grunting and scratching the 1/3 of my junk that is giving me discomfort at this moment.

:s0140:

[QUOTE

What he said was, "the earph ain't round, its flat/round"

It's flat and round at the same time and that's why they stopped the lunar landings. You just can't keep a secret this big if too many people see it.

1598297499162.png

Glad to see that the thread didn't get too heated, lol.

Like I said, I don't have anything against the 6.5 CM. I just found it odd to see a caliber so completely dominate store shelves.

I grew up working in one of my dad's gun shops in the 80's and it seemed like there was rarely more than a couple of rifles on the shelf in a particular caliber. If you wanted a Model 70, then we had them in everything from .22-250 to .375 with a couple in .30-06, .270, and 7mm. Same with the 700 and M77.

Sure, the .30-06 reigned supreme, and you could find nearly every rifle in one, but it was not like what I saw the other day in which probably 80% of the rifles on the shelf were in one caliber.

I wonder if that's a reflection of our current society and it's increase in polarization, or of people seemingly afraid of being unique or thinking for themselves. Or if the guy in charge of ordering stock has a man bun... :s0153: :D

Glad to see that the thread didn't get too heated, lol.

Like I said, I don't have anything against the 6.5 CM. I just found it odd to see a caliber so completely dominate store shelves.

I grew up working in one of my dad's gun shops in the 80's and it seemed like there was rarely more than a couple of rifles on the shelf in a particular caliber. If you wanted a Model 70, then we had them in everything from .22-250 to .375 with a couple in .30-06, .270, and 7mm. Same with the 700 and M77.

Sure, the .30-06 reigned supreme, and you could find nearly every rifle in one, but it was not like what I saw the other day in which probably 80% of the rifles on the shelf were in one caliber.

I wonder if that's a reflection of our current society and it's increase in polarization, or of people seemingly afraid of being unique or thinking for themselves. Or if the guy in charge of ordering stock has a man bun... :s0153: :D

Since the only ammo on the shelf is 17HMR and 30-30, does that mean they completely dominate store shelves? Like I said, my guess is that they are sold out of everything else. Not ordering common hunting calibers during prime hunting season prep time seems like a stupid business move.

Since the only ammo on the shelf is 17HMR and 30-30, does that mean they completely dominate store shelves? Like I said, my guess is that they are sold out of everything else. Not ordering common hunting calibers during prime hunting season prep time seems like a stupid business move.
There's no shortage of any rifle caliber on the shelf, except for 5.56 and 7.62x39. The 6.5 CM section is the largest by far, with .308 a close second.

Have we missed out of knowing that people are buying guns and ammo like crazy so they can vote for Biden and Harris and have guns and bullets for a while before they government confiscates them?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top