JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Found next to nothing discussed here on NWF.
Lot of 6.5 CM Q FIX hype on youtube. Lot of money for a very light rifle, but fair if it brings V-good things to the table.

Shootable in .308? Seems to be a lot of used rifles for sale, given the tiny market. Not usually a good sign on a $3200 weapon.

Format not something I have any experiece with. Why does it appeal?
Folding stock. Designed for a can. Compact AND LIGHT. AR style controls. Easy to hump.

https://liveqordie.com/the-fix/

What does it do that a Savage Axis does not? DR
This is true.

If money weren't a concern, I'd love to buy a fix. I've shot one a handful of times and really enjoyed it. If you're loaded, definitely hit it.

Even if the drop is from .5 moa to 1 moa, a rifle half (or a third) the price is going to be comparable in many areas.

I have to admit I think the folded compact 26" package is slick. Thoughts ran to perfect 200 yrd rifle with 16" fast twist barel. Maybe a 24" carbon quick change for longer range plinking - steel aspirations.

I am pretty commited to 7mm-08 as my go-to. Looking at "custom barrels" I see Proof Research steel and wrapped carbon, as the only options. That's the thing with proprietary. The choices with Proof are the same as standard Q. Boring! Why bother? Trying to get a 7mm-08 barrel for a Q-Fix elsewher is probably a non-starter? Anybody know diffferent?

6.5 Creed is a better cartridge than .308 for most applications, and probably for all applications in a bolt gun.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews