JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dear OP - you wrote - 'I just found it odd that the overwhelming majority of rifles in a store in an area where elk hunting reigns supreme, was a caliber that is mediocre for elk.'

I'm not sure that untold numbers of Swedes, Norwegians, Lapps/Sami people, and the occasional furriner, me included, would agree with you.

Since 1895 this calibre has reigned supreme in Scandinavia for taking and culling of the Scandinavian Elg/elk/moose. Seems that they've never learn that the 6.5 bullet is meant to bounce right off 'em.

'course, it may well be that the North American moose has somehow built up an immunity to such a pathetic cartridge.

As ever, YMMV.

Just because its all they got don't make it great.

If Americans designed good cars like thEy design amazing cartridges and rockets that put men on the moon unlike metric commie countries, I'd buy one.

Oh geez. Plenty of countries use the metric system and aren't communist.

By the way, the US military uses metrics all the time. The A10 Warthog burps 30mm rounds last I checked. :D

Just because its all they got don't make it great.

Just like you, the Scandinavians have a wide choice of just about any calibre and rifle they want. 9.3x74 is also very popular in a Husqvarna. Why buy foreign when you make good stuff yourselves? Ever heard of SAKO or Tikka, or even Schultz and Larsen? NOT a comedy double act, I assure you.

When he was too close for missiles and had to switch to guns, Iceman was shooting 20mm incendiary rounds from his trusty F-14 Tomcat.

I think you've lost that lovin feelin there Maverick (@No_Regerts).

:s0140:

Just like you, the Scandinavians have a wide choice of just about any calibre and rifle they want. 9.3x74 is also very popular in a Husqvarna. Why buy foreign when you make good stuff yourselves? Ever heard of SAKO or Tikka, or even Schultz and Larsen? NOT a comedy double act, I assure you.

There are probably as many viable American 30 caliber commercial cartridges than there are recognizable metric cartridges, worldwide.

Your point being? Living in a metric country and growing up with a metric-designation cartridge makes you an enemy of the Free world? Get real, Sir. This thread sure has taken a deep dive into the pits all of a sudden.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top