JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i've seen alot of them that seem to think whatever they have is made of gold, but I do enjoy looking. I buy cheap CD's and whatever else is fair priced. My Wife and I vacationed at the coast One year and I saw a gun in nice shape for $99.00 At the time I did not know what WMR meant and I passed, butt when I got home and researched I was PO'd. So I guess you just gotta educate yourself and keep looking!

All the pawnshops in my area have pretty outrageously priced guns as well. The one exception being Cascade Loans and Sporting Goods in Auburn. They had a nice 870 Super Magnum for awhile, that I really wanted. Couldn't afford it, though.
Someone above mentioned Ben's Loans in Renton. I don't really consider that place a pawnshop. It's more like an armory with a few VHS tapes laying around. Eitherway, it's a nice place to looking. They always have a nice little pile of milsurp rifles on one wall.

Someone above mentioned police-auction guns. From what I hear, all the confiscated weapons in King County, WA are just piling-up in a room somewhere in some crime-lab building, alongside "unimaginable quantities of confiscated drugs." It really irked me to hear that. Especially since the person who reported this to me had no real appreciation for the goldmine of guns they got to see. It also irks me that they aren't selling those guns. God knows selling those babies would benefit both us, and King County.

Wish some of those pawn shops were in my area. We got a pawn shop in mac called The Edge Exchange. Absolutely ridiculous prices. Saw a Gen I Glock 17 with adjustable rear sight in there last week, in good shape, but used. Price tag was $600. The other guns were similarly inflated. Sometimes I drop in just to check their inventory, but haven't seen a good deal yet.

I got a GREAT deal on a beautiful near-new Marlin 336c 30-30 from 99 Pawn and Guns in Milwaukie OR (near the Bomber). The thing is, at pawn shops the prices seem high because they EXPECT you to haggle. They are not greed-monsters, and like any business they need to move product. Many of them are sportsmen and gun nuts too. If you POLITELY ask if they have any room to move on the price you might get a pleasant surprise!...........................elsullo

That Webly is FANTASTIC! No rust or boogered screws to be seen. I wonder where you could find steel like that today? I bet you could work up a HOT load for that safely. Are those flame shields on the sides? Man, that is a GUN!............................elsullo

I recently bought this nice no import markings Webley with holster at a pawn shop.

bad9ad14.jpg
d23dee88.jpg

I bought a few guns from the Central Loan in Seattle over the years, but they're long gone now. I've got my eye on a couple of guns at a shop near me right now, just waiting until some other sporting equipment sells before I go in and get my haggle on.

I was in the market for a good AK a few months ago (ie, no CAI or WASR), and I wasn't finding much on the classifides here or on outdoorstrader. I happened across a Norinco MAK 90 at a pawn shop on Powell and 130somethingith. I think it was called Money Mart or something like that. It was tagged a bit on the high side, but after some haggling, I walked out with at the price they seem to be going for. Go figure, over the next couple of weeks I saw numerous good AK's on here and outdoorstrader.

Like a lot of things, it is NOT what you know, but WHO you know that usually makes a difference. Unless you are "lucky" and I'd rather be "lucky" than good, but I'd rather be "known" than both. That is why I try to build relationships with people with whom I have common interests, especially in firearms. Make the purchases and the effort to make those "speed dial" lists. You WILL reap the rewards.

99 Pawn in Milwaukie has been good to me. I bought a Ruger 10/22 and a Remington 870 a couple months ago and they knocked about 20% off when I indicated I was interested in both of them. Went in on Friday and he was knocking down the prices without even asking.

357jpg.jpg
I bought this Ruger GP 100 from a pawn shop in Ohio through GunBroker.com. I was sweating it a little not knowing how good this gun would be. It is one of my best guns. It looks like it just came out of the box. Not a scratch on it anywhere. It is always risky buying that way and maybe I was lucky, but I would do it again.

I quit shopping at pawn shops. The big one up here with multiple stores advertises they sell everything at 70% off.(pawn aaa exchange
Never seen it .All I see is new retail prices.

The ones up here on the peninsula like to price their guns at full retail.Not worth the effort to dicker the price.Be reasonable in the first place.

Pawn Shops vary a lot. I often use A Cut Above Pawn on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy. in Beaverton for my FFL transfers, as they only charge $10, plus another $10 for the background check fee. Over the last three years, i've scored a pre-64 Winchester 94, a 1946 Marlin .30-30, a Winchester 97, and a nice Kimber .45, while in there, all at very good prices.

I've also been to another pawn shop, on Canyon Rd, which had an arrogant piece of trailer trash behind the counter. He didn't know jack-shyt about guns, even though he pretended to, and I was able to score a Martini-Henry from him for $300, because he thought it was a .303 Enfield.

Being a Martini Henry there was no background check required since it's considered an obsolete antique

Pawn shops in the Olympia area are a joke with absurd prices

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR