JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Years back (10) at the sportsmans show in Portland, they ranged from $250-a lot more. Depends on duration, resorts/accommodations. Just a plain, one day guided hunt was not to bad. Just got my elk tag for this season in Central Oregon, excited for my first hunt.

Edit:
You also need to look into tag availability. I know where I live, you can't just buy a deer tag, guide or no guide. The average time to draw a tag in the Metolious unit, my property location, is 13 years:(

Last Edited:
Archery and rifle are different, as are guided vs just drop camp hunts. Generally drop camp is $1800 to $2500 per hunter depending on whether your using your own gear or a an already set up camp. These are not guided hunts, so probably not intended in your question.

True guided hunts range from $3800 to $5500 (and I have seen higher than that for guided rifle in Eastern Oregon).

These don't include tags.

Costs are pretty steep, but most reputable guides promise opportunity. Two things may be driving the high costs of guided hunting, although I really don't know. First, the predation caused by cougar and wolf and to a lesser extent bear, making a successful elk hunt more difficult each year. Second, there are more and more "super slam" hunters who pretty much don''t care about cost and just want to get their big game animal so they pay exorbitant prices to be able to complete their quest. Not my cup of tea. I'm more of a "journey than destination" hunter, but to each his own, I guess.

The Sportsman's Show is at the Expo this weekend. I think I will go. Maybe look into a hunt in Idaho or Utah. Is there any interest in organizing a group hunt in Eastern or Central Oregon for deer or elk???

I think I will go to the Expo and get some brochures. I'm just beginning to think that if there were a group of people that could be organized maybe we could buy a guide service as a bulk buyer. I'd guess if a few people wanted to band together and solicit a guide service or access to private land that could work. Or, if folks wanted to organize an Oregon group hunt maybe that would work. But someone that responded to the posts had a very good point that predators have reduced the deer and elk herds so significantly that the probabilities of success are really slim in Oregon.

The best meat I've ever tasted came from a neighbors farm.
He raised Scottish Highland beef and after I helped him capture his runaway bull, he gifted me some steaks.
Hands down the tastiest, most delicious melt in your mouth beef you can eat.
There's a farm in Bend that sells whole, half or quarters.
Buy some, put into your freezer, then take the rest of your guided hunt money and fly down to Cuba next winter and have a great vacation in sunny 75* weather.

00t0t_k9MkFGfNglO_600x450.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top