JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll second the recommendation for Mole Patrol.

We had moles in the backyard and used their service. It's very environmentally friendly...just metal traps.

Interestingly, he didn't catch a single one, but the moles went away, so I was happy. Great service, reasonable price, and the guy really knows his business.

I've now got a colony of feral cats living on my property. 9 total left as of now. Moles are no longer that big of an issue, but the cats are now attracting more coyotes. A regular "circle of life" food chain thing going on here. :)

PS. Anyone want some cats?

I vote air rifle and the refreshment of your choice. Takes me back to my younger years. Had an infestation of rats almost as large as a cat and would eat my friends dogs dog food. Spent many great nights with my him freeing the neigborhood from the pesky varmits.

Nothing funner than a good ol' Rat night shoot. We had a big rat problem at our house when we bought it, my boys and I would sit out in the yard at night with our bb guns and plinking the rats that came out of the garbage infested neighbors back yard. We taped flashlights to our guns and had a blast.

I'll second the recommendation for Mole Patrol.

We had moles in the backyard and used their service. It's very environmentally friendly...just metal traps.

Interestingly, he didn't catch a single one, but the moles went away, so I was happy. Great service, reasonable price, and the guy really knows his business.

When the guy shows up wearing a mole fur coat, you know he means business.:s0114:

I worked the NW Ag Show up in Portland just last week and we had a booth next to this company called Molecat. I had the chance to hear many people talking about this product and I also talked to the owner/inventor of this product. It looks and sounds pretty cool. They sold a lot of these units to the farmers, and so far it sounds like they have had great success with them. Hope it helps.

Below is the link to their website.

http://www.molecat.com/

The "molechaser" is what I've been using for the past few years... I never thought it'd work, but they do. Apparently, they annoy the crap out of moles.
Have one in the front and one in the back of the house... and I know when the batteries have gone dead, 'cause I'll see a mole hill or two in an otherwise clean lawn. :s0114:

C

When I was a kid, we used to dig up mole hills and bury a 10 gallon bucket under the tunnel, then cover the hole with a piece of plywood. Moles would fall into the bucket and couldn't get out. Then you can do whatever you want with them...

When I was a kid, we used to dig up mole hills and bury a 10 gallon bucket under the tunnel, then cover the hole with a piece of plywood. Moles would fall into the bucket and couldn't get out. Then you can do whatever you want with them...

Yeah, like "release" them... NOT!! :s0114: :s0114:

last gun show there was a product selling that takes 22 blanks. not sure if moltenobama county allows discharging of blanks. interesting contraption the blank concusion kills em. was around $40

Road flares have always worked for me. Seal up all of the other holes, insert a long burning flare in the only open hole left, then burry it.
I Thought I was going to be the first to suggest this but I was beat to it! +1 on this - I have used this method several times. I once cleared a girlfriend's yard this way, but due to the size I located the furthest out holes, plugged the rest in toward the center, lit and dropped the flares as far down the holes as they would fall then plugged them. All mole activity ceased.

I have a 65lb Red Nose Pitbull that always wants to chase rodents and dig holes in the back yard.... Just sayin'.... :D

Pics or it's not true. ;)

Mine
278894632_332uy-L.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR