JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mark-60- What a great looking dog! Mine is a Red Nose with some brindle too. She's a total sweetheart and is very spoiled! She loves chasing animals and would have a great time hunting those damn moles!

My little pup:

Mark-60- What a great looking dog! Mine is a Red Nose with some brindle too. She's a total sweetheart and is very spoiled! She loves chasing animals and would have a great time hunting those damn moles!

My little pup:
IMG_6746-1.jpg

That's a nice lookin' pup! Mine's spoiled like the dickens too. He thinks he's a lap dog. Okay, He is a lap dog. He sits in my lap when I'm in my recliner. What a baby.

-Mark.

My neighbors get hit hard by the little buggers. I trap them for the neighbors so they don't get to my yard. My catch rate improved last year when I went to wearing camo shorts. They couldn't see me coming.
The Victor pincher trap is about the most effective, then the flat based traps are ok but because they are handed, so you may have a bigger hole than you would like to cover both directions in a tunnel.
Victor trap is still available at Foster feed store and some hardware stores. I use a probe to find out where the little guy is pushing towards and set my trap there. Usually in less than a day, I get them.
One neighbor uses the gas bomb sticks that you can get at hardware stores, they sometimes work or just make the mole shift direction. A spa story lady told me that they don't trap them. They just drop the 1" chlorine tablets in the holes. I have done both. The tabs may be more PC and no body to toss over in to the other guys yard. There is a retired guy up here that actually builds a framework that sets over the hole and gets loaded with a 12gauge round so when the mole pushes up, he shoots himself. Cute but dangerous to everything else around.

I get a few moles every year in my yard. A properly set trap is just about the only solution. My grandmother use to use the spear traps. I haven't been able to find them localy so I use the mini bear trap lookin' one.

The "molechaser" is what I've been using for the past few years... I never thought it'd work, but they do. Apparently, they annoy the crap out of moles.
Have one in the front and one in the back of the house... and I know when the batteries have gone dead, 'cause I'll see a mole hill or two in an otherwise clean lawn. :s0114:

C

+2

I've got several and they do the trick. I leave it in the ground except in winter and I've got no moles. They are still out in my field, but they stay away from my lawn.

I'm also found that Whirly-Gigs also do the trick because of the vibrations they produce on the anchor rod that goes into the ground. (Whirly-gigs are those wind activated crafts that spin or do certain things that you see for sale on the way to the beach)

The "molechaser" is what I've been using for the past few years... I never thought it'd work, but they do. Apparently, they annoy the crap out of moles.
Have one in the front and one in the back of the house... and I know when the batteries have gone dead, 'cause I'll see a mole hill or two in an otherwise clean lawn. :s0114:

C

Molechasers work very well, also those little poison smoke things "Little Giant" work well but only for a limited distance.
UNLESS you get out your weed blower and shove it in the mole hole after the burn, you'd be surprised how far and where those tunnels go:s0155:

When I had a yard, back in the last century, everybody said that Juicy Fruit Gum was irresistible to rodents, and simply constipated them to death. But I can't remember if it worked on moles or golphers (carnivores versus herbivores.

I DID learn to sprinkle white sand or wood ash over the mole hills to see which hills were under active construction. If you see the ash or sand disturbed then you know where they were working.

I tried drowning; no success. Likewise for smoke bombs. I could not bear to use poison in my own yard, and placing traps meant an even bigger hole. So I finally recognized the mole hill for what it was: a great source of sifted, seed-free, potting soil! The little buggars built a nice hill, and I scooped it up every time and put it in my garden!

End of problem, by definition......................elsullo:D

Zero Ring, who said putting GOOD beer out for the rascals? Use up the garbage brew left over from the last time you had a gang over. You know, that swill that isn't fit to drink, and they brought lots cause it is cheap? That's the stuff you put out for the rodents and slugs. THEY don't have discriminating taste, so won't know the difference. Like the three bottles of something or other "lite" I can't even give away......

Zero Ring, who said putting GOOD beer out for the rascals? Use up the garbage brew left over from the last time you had a gang over. You know, that swill that isn't fit to drink, and they brought lots cause it is cheap? That's the stuff you put out for the rodents and slugs. THEY don't have discriminating taste, so won't know the difference. Like the three bottles of something or other "lite" I can't even give away......

Good point. Let 'em have the "guest" beer. :s0155: :s0114:

Good point. Let 'em have the "guest" beer.

as in: well, it was in a tall brown bottle with a crown cap, it was liquid, it fizzed when you opened it, it smelled something of yeast and grain, so you guessed it was beer, eh? Then you tasted it and gave it to the moles and slugs......

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top