JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Almost 100% sure I have a real No.5 jungle carbine (fazerkely), electro-stencilled on left side of receiver 8/44, No.5 mk 1 ROF (F), F on bolt. serial no, C59xx. any additional help much appreciated.

Blane,

I also have a No 5., ROF(F) electro penciled, and with a slightly different S/N than yours... B8xx... let me know if you'd like to compare notes/photos. Mine was bought almost 30 years ago.

Post up some pictures, specifically of the action and the rear of the barrel. No5s had some very unique lightening cuts in them.

Fazakerley made the No. 5 for sure. Based on the S/N's, both were made between 8/44 to 12/44 when "A" prefix started . Are all stampings and S/N's hard stamped? Electro penciling are usually import
markings.
Pictures would also help, as I have a few reference books on the Enfield rifle.

ROF (royal Ordnance Factory). The No5 was used up until 1957 and beyond by the British Armed Forced in Borneo, Aden and other post war Colonial conflicts as they dismantled the British Empire. Are there any other markings?

Fazakerley made the No. 5 for sure. Based on the S/N's, both were made between 8/44 to 12/44 when "A" prefix started . Are all stampings and S/N's hard stamped? Electro penciling are usually import
markings.
Pictures would also help, as I have a few reference books on the Enfield rifle.

Early No5's were electropenciled on the side, with the manufacturer, S/N, and date of Mfg. They are not import marks.

* Rear sight should be graduated to 800yds.
* Lightening cuts are made to the rifle in several places.
* The bolt should be hollowed out inside the 'ball'
* A lot of metal should be shaved off on the receiver wall by the rear sight (compared to a No4)

some resources:
http://candrsenal.com/rifle-lee-enfield-no-5-mki/
... google search: no5 jungle carbine

O.k here's a couple pics. top of barrel stamped- 2.222" .303 BNP(with a crown) 18.5 tons per (with a square symbol), BNP(with a crown) just ahead of receiver(top of barrel), serial# electro pencilled on left side of receiver(with R.O.F and No. 5 mk1 and 8/44), F- stamped on everything- bolt, sights(graduated to 800yds.) barrel knox has lightening cuts, receiver also.

Enfield 3.jpg

Enfield 2.jpg

Enfield.jpg

O.k here's a couple pics. top of barrel stamped- 2.222" .303 BNP(with a crown) 18.5 tons per (with a square symbol), BNP(with a crown) just ahead of receiver(top of barrel), serial# electro pencilled on left side of receiver(with R.O.F and No. 5 mk1 and 8/44), F- stamped on everything- bolt, sights(graduated to 800yds.) barrel knox has lightening cuts, receiver also.

Yep! Sure looks like the "real thing".

Early No5's were electropenciled on the side, with the manufacturer, S/N, and date of Mfg. They are not import marks.

* Rear sight should be graduated to 800yds.
* Lightening cuts are made to the rifle in several places.
* The bolt should be hollowed out inside the 'ball'
* A lot of metal should be shaved off on the receiver wall by the rear sight (compared to a No4)

some resources:
http://candrsenal.com/rifle-lee-enfield-no-5-mki/
... google search: no5 jungle carbine

Thanks for the information, I learned something new about the NO.5 Enfield.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top