JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tromix built .458 Socom upper on a LMT lower.

tempImage2BIuB9.png

Last Edited:
I do enjoy the .44 Magnum quite a bit. We have a revolver (Model 29) and a couple carbines (Rossi 92 and suppressed Ruger 77/44) in said. :)
I have a 6.5" stainless Model 29.
Awesome trigger, super accurate.
Fun to shoot.

I am in want of a new Henry side gate 20" in 44 Mag
They announced the Big Boy Steel side gates last fall and just can't seem to get them out to the dealers !

Stiller action, 34" benchmark barrel, 7x35 ATACR, 60 moa in base and Near rings, XLR chassis, Jewel trigger, Peterson brass, 150+ grains of powder with 400+ grain lathe cut bullets around 3k and fun, fun, fun.

I used to have a .787 rifle made in Finland. :D

I had about 80 pieces of brass: about 30 waffen stamped, and about 50 new pieces turned by a guy in Colorado with initials LL.

Spring 2006 - I drove up to Marble Pass to set up a range and test loads in the LL brass.
First step was to confirm that no one could drive up the east side of the pass into my shooting range:

top.JPG

This is the gun. I cut a block of aluminum to fit the base for the iron sights, and fitted a scope to it:

gun.JPG

This is the range. The farthest target is 400 yards. It's the little white dot at 2:30 o'clock from the 100 yard target:

range.JPG

It was a good day.
The new brass spread the groups, but not by much. I tweaked the load and tightened things up later. This is the 400 yard target that day:

target.JPG

June 2007 ECSA machinegun shoot - this is the former sheriff of Wallowa County shooting the gun at a 900 yard gong. He hit it. He was a really good guy. Battling cancer at the time. Not sure if he's still around.

2007 Machine Gun Shoot 034.jpg

I don't have the gen 2 Runner or the gun anymore. C'est la vie. I miss both sometimes. Enjoy life as it happens.

The gun was barreled with a Flak barrel by Bill Guiette. He made a receiver adaptor for a 1919 pintle. I built the break-down wooden stand from rough cut 2x4's, tensioned by ratchet straps. The dimension fit a standard pickup bed. I made it to be a "technical". :D

I bought the gun from an Oregon resident. Who knows, maybe he's a member here and will chime in. He'll recognize the cheekpiece. He made it.
Edit - now that I think about, I'm pretty sure the guy was from Washington.

I had the gun for about 8 years, and then sold it.

Good times.

Last Edited:
I've had a few different Model 29s over the years, but without one now. I have picked up a pair of lever actions over the last few months, a Uberti reproduction of the Winchester 1873 in .45LC and a Winchester/Miroku 1886 in .45-70. Love `em both. Whole different kind of fun than shooting ARs.

I have a 6.5" stainless Model 29.
Awesome trigger, super accurate.
Fun to shoot.

I am in want of a new Henry side gate 20" in 44 Mag
They announced the Big Boy Steel side gates last fall and just can't seem to get them out to the dealers !
@DirectDrive Henry big boy 44 mag 20" currently in stock right now at Sportsman's Warehouse online. Among other Henry side gates in various calibers and configurations.

CV arms 45-70, Rossi 44 mag carbine, Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt, S&W 629 44 Mag, Rock Island 1911 45acp, Ruger Vaquaro 44-40 Ruger Blackhawk 41 Mag and a Sig P-220 10mm. The last 2 don't make as big of a hole as the others but they feel like a big bore none the less.

I have a few big bores... .44 magnum, .45LC, 45-70gov primarily. One of my favorite though is a Bond Arms Snake Slayer IV two-shot Derringer that shoots .45LC/.410 shotgun. That one is a lot of fun.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top