1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Another unusual mass shooting, but this one didn't make the US news.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Bigfoot, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

Doctor sends a letter a YEAR AGO threatening to shoot any body who comes on his property over some minor zoning violation in his upscale neighborhood. Now last week he goes into a church shooting, killing one 73 year old neighbor and critically injuring another at a homeowners association meeting.

That's an unusual story. Weird how it didn't interest the US media, just didn't fit the narrative I guess. I dunno, read the story and see if you can find any reason that the media chose to ignore this one. Nothing to see here, move along.

Doctor 'opens fire during homeowners' meeting in church, shooting dead neighbour, 73, and critically wounding another after dispute over driveway turns deadly' | Mail Online
  2. Sincere

Sincere Between Cascadia and Jefferson Active Member

I don't disagree with your overall point.

But do you really think that one death and a critical injury counts as a "mass" shooting?
  3. Wolfcry

Wolfcry Washougal New Member

Proof that home owner's associations can drive people absolutely batty.

Not that it excuses what he did, he should have just packed up and bought a home that wasn't under the thumb of a home owner's association. They tend to make your neighbors very unneighborly and out to get you if there is the slightest code violation, or if your lawn isn't green, or the paint on your fake shutters is starting to flake. I guess some people like living in a neighborhood where everything is controlled and perfect looking, but I find rows of houses that all look the same creepy. :paranoid: Reminds me of that episode of the X-files, where a monster would drag people away and kill them if the policies of the home owner's association were violated.
    lamrith and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Ron Eagle Elk

Ron Eagle Elk Outside Ft Lewis East Gate Active Member

I saw it on several different local news channels. My mistake, I saw it on Comcast News.
  5. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Maybe they shouldn't have set foot on his property.
  6. Mohawk13

Mohawk13 Home on The Range Active Member

May be they did not want to Offend Muslims who are hiding out in our Country....