JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Were their duty ever actually concerned with anyone's safety I might be more inclined to agree. I wouldn't mind another experienced officer of the law, but TSA doesn't need their ego's further inflated nor their roles further confused.

I dunno.

I'll take MDA's side and say they don't need to be armed. We don't need more armed people supervising the sheep.

Now to the story:
Guy ran, that's what you do if being chased by a person with a machete. The TSA will increase their control after this incident. Can't wait for weapons to be banned in the common area of airports now.... (Eye roll)

from what ive noticed in my travels. TSA monkeys should not own a pop sickle. Ever seen a ragging Bull Dyke TSA officer? There loaded with them.
No Thanks...

I can say that about a lot of people I meet on the street...but I think self-defense is a human right and I also don't think your assessment of people should matter in that right of self-defense.

If your job is to secure something or someone, you should be able to defend yourself from harm...otherwise, you're just running around dodging a machete, hoping a random cop is around to shoot them.

I've been that "speed bump"...that stop-gap for help to arrive.

If this was a "civilian" security contractor - I'd say let them be armed. Since these are uniformed fedgov monkeys - I say let them stay unarmed. The TSA as an organization has shown a tendency for overreach and general stupidity. The last thing I want is MORE armed federal workers. The TSA are not real security people, they're not law enforcement, and they should not BE law enforcement. It's not like air ports don't already have honest to god sworn, trained law enforcement personnel on hand. I've never been into a busy airport and not seen at least half a dozen police near the check in/security areas.

I personally think the TSA needs dissolved and the "security screening" process reverted to civilian contractors (and I use the term civilian because as the government uses it they mean non-uniformed or non-government types) who would do just as good a job, or if the local agency who owns/operates the airport wants- the airport police could take over that function with uniformed, armed, sworn police officers.

No new armed federal agents.

I can say that about a lot of people I meet on the street...but I think self-defense is a human right and I also don't think your assessment of people should matter in that right of self-defense.

If your job is to secure something or someone, you should be able to defend yourself from harm...otherwise, you're just running around dodging a machete, hoping a random cop is around to shoot them.

I've been that "speed bump"...that stop-gap for help to arrive.

No thanks.

From what I see of those TSA people is they'll frisk everyone who doesn't look like they're from the Mideast. On the other hand if you look as though you're from the Middle east you get a free ride. You bet...folks that bend the rules to suit themselves oh yeah sure....I want those people walking around armed.

I think the best thing for the country would be to dissolve TSA and DHS as well. Every time I turn around I'm reading about another federal agency that is either armed or has their OWN SWAT TEAM. I think it was EPA people up in the boonies of Alaska. They scared the heebie jeebies out of a bunch of old guys working gold claims for NOTHIN'. It was all a big scam purported (again) by the feds.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top