JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep, because in this country we are guilty until proven innocent. All someone has to do is make a unsubstantiated claim and a persons property and liberty can be taken from them. That is complete b.s. That kind of mentality is not o.k.

So your wife is coming home from her sister's late at night, and her car stalls. Suddenly, there's trouble. She calls 911 saying there's a guy with a gun banging at the window of her car. The cops show up, and they guy is standing there with a pistol. The guy says, "Just exercising my rights to keep and bear arms officer. Not doing a thing here. The chick in the car is crazy." Your wife screams, "He's trying to kill me."

The cops leave, figuring they have no proof of a crime. Wife might, after all, be crazy or have some sort of grudge against the guy. Just an unsubstantiated claim against a lawful open carry citizen. Wife later found raped and killed. Cops say, "We had no proof of a crime, so we let the guy be."

OK with that?

So your wife is coming home from her sister's late at night, and her car stalls. Suddenly, there's trouble. She calls 911 saying there's a guy with a gun banging at the window of her car. The cops show up, and they guy is standing there with a pistol. The guy says, "Just exercising my rights to keep and bear arms officer. Not doing a thing here. The chick in the car is crazy." Your wife screams, "He's trying to kill me."

The cops leave, figuring they have no proof of a crime. Wife might, after all, be crazy or have some sort of grudge against the guy. Just an unsubstantiated claim against a lawful open carry citizen. Wife later found raped and killed. Cops say, "We had no proof of a crime, so we let the guy be."

OK with that?

I'm NOT OK with that scenario. First, "brandishing" a lethal weapon is a chargeable offense most places. If he's standing there with a pistol and banging on her window and she's hollering for him to stop and has the cops on the phone, and he's STILL there banging when the law shows up, SOMETHING is way out of kilter and the cops BETTER deal with it. It shouldn't take a decent cop more than about four seconds of observing such behaviour to get a pretty good idea whether the guy's intentions and/or conduct are benign, or otherwise.
So, your hypothetical "no proof of a crime" falls.

in the account I originally posted the only reports we have are hearsay, supposition, innuendo, assumption, and, as someone pointed out, carry a rather significant likelihood someone is using LEO as a big stick to punish someone.

I personally know a family with two teenage boys who are advanced target shooters... part of an Olympic training team. They practice with Anschutz air rifles... INSIDE the barn-turned-family-room, well within 500 feet of the family residence. And it is a structure definitely designed and used as an ancilliary to the main dwelling. By the standards used by these LEO, those two kids (and most likely their Dad, who also practices with them) could be arrested, all their arms taken, and Dad's as well.....

and if you're going to try and tell me that air rifles are not "firearms", next time you hop a commercial airliner, try and take one in your carry-on liggage, and see how that works.

Wow, what a totally unrealistic scenario (cops leaving a stranded motorist late at night before the tow truck arrives, while an armed man beats on her window). Does that kind of ridiculous scenario happen often in the "Reality-Based World" you claim to inhabit? :s0114::rolleyes:

If you've followed his posts it's par for the course

She went to court telling the Judge she had a video tape. The Judge asked for the tape and she didn't produce it. Later it was proven the the act never happen and she was trying to sway the Judge to her side to keep custody of the couples kids.

Sounds like a perjury charge scenario to me

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads