JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was with a friend from Bend yesterday and his son moved to Idaho. He had been using his dad's equipment and I'm going to see if he needs anything.

If you have any gear left over I am sure my brother would happily accept it. He has been very interested in getting into reloading as he is getting his first powder rifle soon (given talks with the parents about 1-2 years) but has no interest in spending $20 on a box of 20 decent .30-06 rounds.

No worry's, I'm not giving the powder away.

Good, the shipping would be a killer anyway.
I doubt the primers would be affected as long as they were kept in a dry place. If you have any of the old manuals lying around, the data should be good for the old powder, it'll last a long time in a sealed can.
As is the usual way to do it safely, start out about 10% below and work up from there watching for signs of excess pressure, as is recommended in every loading manual I've ever seen.
Gabby

Regarding the old powder: I've used plenty of powder that old, and much older, but you have to be able to know when it's good and when it's not. I've thrown some out over the years when it's suspect. If it's questionable at all I've found it's best to just throw it out.

The other thing to be concerned about with old powder is whether someone at some point may have put something else in the can. I've used plenty of powder from cans I didn't open over the years, but again I've thrown some out when inspection and experience told me something wasn't right. I could tell a story about an old can of "Alcan 5" that wasn't what it was supposed to be, and almost blew up my shotgun when I started loading a long time ago.

"When in doubt, throw it out"

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top