JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Why is it that people don't have the common courtesy to say no thanks or reply back to PMs? YOU contacted ME. If you don't like the price or the trade options, all you have to do is say no thanks. Can't freaking stand people who just ignore your messages after they initiated the contact.

Sorry for the rant. It just irritates me so much. :angry:

I had a seller here sell an item after I told him I would come get it. Then he offered me a similar item (different caliber but still something I wanted) and an hour and a half later when I called for his address (we were out hunting this morning which I had explained and were headed home and directly to his house) he said his MIL sold it at a garage sale for 1/10th of what I was going to pay. AFTER HE SAID HE WOULD HOLD IT BACK FOR ME. Glad we weren't 30 miles down the road when we called.

SO sellers can be big flakes as well.

I admit I have occasionally just ignored PM's but generally it's if I find the offer insulting.

For example, suppose I will post an ad for something and within 2 hours I may get a PM with an offer of 60% of my asking price. Really? The ad has only been up a couple of hours and I'm to be expected to take the first shameless lowball offer that comes my way? Please.

Of course invariably, within a few more hours, or maybe over the following two days offers will stream in that are much closer to the asking price, there have even been cases where people have offered me more than the asking price if I would choose to sell to them as opposed to any of the other respondents.

I can understand trying to trying to make a somewhat low offer for something that's been bumped over and again for months and hasn't generated much interest? But right after the ad is posted? Just don't feel like so much as dignifying it with a response. They've already wasted my time with their offer, I am not wasting any more time feigning politeness in declining.

Welcome to the Internet.

1510804093_YouMustBeNewHere_vi_answer_1_xlarge.jpe

If a seller posts an item for sale without posting enough details (eg.. price, barrel length, model, etc...) and I find myself sending an email to inquire, I feel no obligation to send a last email stating I'm not interested. This seller is being lazy in my mind by expecting all potential buyers to send a personal email just to get the details. Often, just one of the details is enough information to let me know the item is not for me. I'm looking for a different barrel length, different price, different model...etc.

However, if an ad is well written and includes enough information for a person to know whether they want to buy or not, then it's a different story. Here if I send an email and say I'm interested and have cash, I would always respond if I changed my mind.

I will not allow some slick willy to try to obligate me because he purposely didn't include enough information in his ad and I had to email just to get the basic facts. If this is the case, then the seller needs to stop trying to control people and just be forthright and upfront.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top