JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ant yet again I say. My daughter will not touch gun in my home unless asking. The reason for this?? She has no need to because I take her shooting and she get to clean "her" rifle when she "asks." I do not shelter her from the firearms and I keep a loaded pistol by my bed or on my person at all time. She knows the damage that can result from the use of a firearm. Oh yeah she is only six!

There are only 2 acceptable places for a loaded weapon, and a loaded pistol in particular- on your person or locked the hell up! You cannot depend on a child to follow basic gun safety when you aren't around. They're freaking kids! If he was going to have a weapon in the car, it should have been either A: On him, B:In a lock box bolted to the car in some fashion, or C: at a minimum locked in the glove box if you are going to leave your freaking kids unattended in the car Option "C" is the least desirable of these choices, but even that would have sufficed to prevent a tragedy. How a police officer could be so negligent and stupid is absurd- especially having kids. The only other person in my household is my wife, who fully understands the basics of weapons safety, and I still only keep loaded guns in 1 of 2 places- on my person, or locked the hell up. If I had kids, there is no way in hell they would ever have unsupervised access to a firearm- too big a price to pay if something goes wrong

Another tragic child death; Is answer new law, or existing one?

…What were both men thinking when they left firearms that they both could legally carry on their persons, openly or concealed, in a vehicle with children? It is perfectly legal in Washington to carry a handgun, concealed if legally licensed, or openly…

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top