JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This org says big quake to hit Cali by tomorrow. Dunno.

http://www.quakeprediction.com/Los Angeles Earthquake Forecast.html

While I don't wish massive earthquakes on anyone I am curious to see if earthquake prediction technology is improving.
I'm betting against it. Website looks pretty cheesy, ad heavy, and not very scientific. Studying earthquakes since 2005? You might find some good info there on where to get a GED tho. :s0114:

Critics say:

"The website Quack Predict
has been tracking Luke's predictions since May 16, 2012. As of March 28, 2013, he's had two successful predictions (read: lucky guesses) out of 132 total predictions - or an accuracy rate of 1.52%."

I guess we'll know pretty soon.

I've been through a somewhat large one, Loma Prieta 1989. Good shake, 60+ people killed, collapsed buildings and freeways at Richter 6.9. But that's not remotely comparable to Japan's 9.1 in 2013. Cascadia Fault also has history of quakes 9 or greater. When that happens (not a question of if) we'll all be kissing a lot of what we knew in the Northwest goodby, and that possibly includes our own arses.

Last Edited:
The Ring of Fire has been doing a lot of adjusting lately...
Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 10-08-19 Latest Earthquakes.png

I've been through a somewhat large one, Loma Prieta 1989. Good shake, 60+ people killed, collapsed buildings and freeways at Richter 6.9. But that's not remotely comparable to Japan's 9.1 in 2013. Cascadia Fault also has history of quakes 9 or greater. When that happens (not a question of if) we'll all be kissing a lot of what we knew in the Northwest goodby, and that possibly includes our own arses.
As long as there a dominant number of Kali turds in the great flush, I can abide.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top