JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just the latest in a string of 'studies' pushed out the back end of the nannies of the world. The fine journalists at MSN bring this report to us today:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other...mpulsive-and-have-a-gun-study-says/ar-AAaCsXc

Of course those same people have access to motor vehicles, alcohol, knives, baseball bats, illegal drugs, gasoline, matches, and a whole slew of other things that could be used to cause mayhem. Yet once again, the focus is on the gun, as if it is the cause of the anger and impulsiveness.

I swear, the people that do these studies must work for years to find ways to twist simple details into complex conclusions that really have nothing to do with reality.

They also put the blame (again) on the NRA for the proliferation of guns in recent years. Really? I know I've never bought a gun because of anything the NRA said or did. I have bought a gun thanks to the #1 gun salesman in the country, President Obama! That guy could sell a gun to Nancy Pelosi. Heck, he even sells guns to Mexican drug cartels with his buddy Eric Holder - and I'll bet they don't even have to bother with background checks. You know, I wonder what percentage of Drug Cartel employees would be qualified as angry, impulsive and have access to a gun??:rolleyes:

Oh, and, by the way, if you happen to own 6 or more guns, you are far more likely to be in that 9 percent group. I'm guessing that means probably 95% of the people on this website fall in to that category.

Last Edited:
Yeah, I noticed the same thing. I think 9% is a bit low. I meet a lot of angry people out there.

But pushing past that, I've been carrying for over 20 years. I know a lot of other people that carry. By and large, they are more likely to walk away from a fight than to jump in, particularly if they happen to be carrying. They take owning a gun seriously, they get training, and they do what they can to avoid situations where it may become necessary to use that gun. Unfortunately, that vast majority of gun owners is ignored by the anti-gunners over and over and over again. They prefer to characterize the majority based on a small, really small sample of crazies out there. It's bad science, it's bad journalism and it's an ongoing assault and betrayal of the law-abiding gun owners that make up this country.

I wonder what they consider angry? A rant on a website? Discontent with the current political climate? Lack of tin foil to make helmets?

9% are angry?
Well yeah...
my rights are constantly under fire and being chipped away.

My taxes go up every year no matter how much or how little I make.

There is no such thing as a tax refund though I claim zero.. How does that work?!

Im forced to purchase a worthless product (junk policy healthcare) or else Im forced to pay even more in taxes..

Racisim is rampant.. And no, it aint from us white folks.

The media is out of control and shows no responsibility or accountability in their "investigative" reporting.

Our country is failing

Our elected officials are communists.

The beta male is now popular with our neo feminazi country and true males are ridiculed daily in the media and amongst indoctrinated youths.. Which is our future.

I should have had a V8

And I didnt stay at a Holiday Inn last night..

So yeah.. I am angry.

Do I own firearms? Sure before the boating accident. But unlike thugs and irresponsible gun owners I look at firearms like I do my vehicle, not as weapons used for aggression or status but rather tools and as a hobby. I like remote controlled helicopters and airplanes but you don't see me manufacturing a drone out of them do you!?

Am I impulsive? Well yeah, I purchased a few firearms on a whim because I thought they were awesome.. I also purchased an ice cold diet coke near the register at my grocery store because it was there while I was waiting in line. Oh no, Impulse buy!!!

The things these antis string together to make us looks bad is laughable.

They are SO WRONG about me on all three points. I'm deliberately angry, and I have gunS. o_O
It's too bad that the people who elect these idiots do not have any American pride. Yes; guns are important to our country and freedoms, but todays generation of voters do not appreciate what was earned with American blood NOR are they ever going to until the SHTF. Then they'll be the first ones to cry.
I'm mad too !!! Guess I'll go play with my defective guns [they haven't shot / killed any one.

anger is a temporary thing. The 9% that are angry today are not necessarily the same 9% angry tomorrow. What they are really saying is: all human beings are potentially dangerous, and should not own guns.

Apparently, My meds haven't worked for years and am way pissed since I have more than solv3nt and belong to a GUN CLUB with lots of folks like me. No wonder the liberals are scared....

My head broke when I tried to figure out how many guns n bullets that added up to.

No link to actual article....
Go find article..... $38 to by the article from the publisher.... I probably paid taxes to fund that research as well..... Not going to pay that to find out if it was a decent study or not.

I'd like to see what they determined was "anger." Such a subjective thing to measure. Was it slapping your knee saying "gosh darn billyjo you got my mud on my Sunday dress!"

Ok at least someone in the comments paid for the article. bold by me. Why you have to read the actual article instead of some journalists "interpretation" of it.

The proportions of respondents who reported having tantrums or anger outbursts (19.1% in the total sample) or at least one of the anger items (25.0% in the total sample) were not significantly related either to having guns in the home (χ12 = 0.0–0.4, p = 0.51–0.98) or to the number of guns among those having any (χ42 = 1.8–3.3, p = 0.52–0.77). By comparison, the proportion of respondents who reported breaking or smashing things in anger (11.6% in the total sample) was significantly lower among respondents with guns in the home than among those without (10.0% vs. 12.6%, χ12 = 8.1, p = 0.007), although it was not significantly related to the number of guns among those having any (χ12 = 4.8, p = 0.32). The proportion of respondents who reported losing their temper and fighting (6.0% in the total sample) was not significantly related to having guns in the home (χ12 = 0.3, p = 0.61), but was positively and significantly associated with the number of guns among those who had any guns (χ12 = 13.4, p = 0.018).

(by the way, Oregonlive has 26 trackers spying on you on that site. I hate to have to turn off my blocker to read the comments)

Started getting angry about 5 years old with a cap pistol.
been ramping-up since age 21, buying my own stuff.
Then the USMC introduced me to FOCUSED, PRECISE ANGER!

28.7 million (9%) intensely angry Americans, out of <broken link removed>.

"While no one knows exactly, our most reliable estimates have put the numbers of firearms in the hands of United States civilians at 300 – 310 million"

While no one knows exactly?
28.7 million angry Americans own 310 million firearms = 10.8 firearms per typical angry American.
I'm ahead!
Frothing at the mouth ahead! Angrier than NoFlinch's Dog ahead! Apopleptic, flushed face, expanded veins in the neck, teeth crushing angry ahead! And fixin to buy more...

Im curious the percentage of people who would participate in a study that asked "do you smash stuff and own guns?"

was there an IQ test before the question was asked? I think there might be an intelligence bias that they did not factor in.

The public health crisis they should address first is the 400,000 preventable deaths due to medical error. I hear very little from the medical community on that subject.

The public health crisis they should address first is the 400,000 preventable deaths due to medical error. I hear very little from the medical community on that subject.

Im part of the medical community!

Let me give you an example of an error I had recently and why some are so hard to fix

I had a patient who had a bladder infection. The bacteria was resistant to all the antibiotics except one. I prescribed that antibiotic but CareOregon (her medicaid provider) denied coverage for the medication. We began our usual argument with the insurance company and they refused to pay for it until I had tried another. Since that would be malpractice to prescribe a medication I knew would not work, they refused to pay for it. In the 2 days of arguing with them (the patient not being able to afford the medication), she progressed to a kidney infection and got septic and ended up in the ICU and nearly died. (all of us paid for that hospitalization with our taxes)

That is all considered a medical error and if she died it would count as a preventable death.

How do I fix that error? Well I talked to the medical director at the insurance and he refused to change their policy. Im trying to go above his head at this point but they dont report to anyone. NO ONE oversee's them.

I'd have to have congress pass a law to make them cover that medication. Literally, I need congress to fix this one error.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top