JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If they have guns ....and their anger is UnCoNtRoLaBle **....
Why haven't they become out of control and started shooting???

** incapable of being in control or of being controlled.

so to mis-quote Inigo Montoya:
" They keep using that word....I do not think it means what they think it means "

Just how are we supposed to set an example of lawful gun ownership in America with propaganda like this?

Contact the Editor and the reporter that wrote this, and calmly and intelligently tell them they are wrong and this article is incorrect, and you will be certain to tell everyone you know how inaccurate this publication is.

Im part of the medical community!

Let me give you an example of an error I had recently and why some are so hard to fix

I had a patient who had a bladder infection. The bacteria was resistant to all the antibiotics except one. I prescribed that antibiotic but CareOregon (her medicaid provider) denied coverage for the medication. We began our usual argument with the insurance company and they refused to pay for it until I had tried another. Since that would be malpractice to prescribe a medication I knew would not work, they refused to pay for it. In the 2 days of arguing with them (the patient not being able to afford the medication), she progressed to a kidney infection and got septic and ended up in the ICU and nearly died. (all of us paid for that hospitalization with our taxes)

That is all considered a medical error and if she died it would count as a preventable death.

How do I fix that error? Well I talked to the medical director at the insurance and he refused to change their policy. Im trying to go above his head at this point but they dont report to anyone. NO ONE oversee's them.

I'd have to have congress pass a law to make them cover that medication. Literally, I need congress to fix this one error.
Glad the patient turned out ok. As you said there is no oversight and the hospitals are not really keen on self reporting in a transparent way. As such it is hard from mistakes and prevent them from happening again. I just get ticked off when politicians and healthcare providers view "gun violence" as health crisis. Violence certainly is part of a education and poverty crisis, but nobody wants to really address these underlying issues. Way to much work with a lot of "inconvenient" truths on the way.

This news report talks about people with "anger" issues often having access to firearms. The forensic psychologist pulls some words out of a hat and calls it a mental illness. Seems like they want to be able to place more citizens into the "mentally ill" category to prevent them from buying guns.

Heres the link to the video:

I know a lot of people who have overeating issues with unlimited access to junk and fast food.

Dr Mushroom sounds like a bubbleguming quack looking for funding. Were those street interviews done in Medford or Ashland?

I am pretty sure that was not interview in Medford, Ashland maybe :) i deal with all the different people everyday. None of them few I am a angry person :)

From my study research I feel that Dr look very much like ply a pedophile.... I keep an eye on him if he around my kid.

...and by posting only the link and not the text of an article, you become part of the problem, helping to drive traffic to those sites and thus increasing the likelihood that those kinds of stories will be put out there again.

Clicks means eyeballs. Eyeballs means money.

Ummm, doesn't it occur to anyone of these mental midgets who drew this conclusion from this study that if I or any of my fellow travelers who believe in the 2nd Amendment and concealed carry had both a gun (or multiples) and uncontrollable anger issues that the murder rate within range of any of our guns would be about 1000 percent higher than it is right now?

Especially in Oregon, where you can't throw a rock up in the air and not have it land on some sniveling libturd who spends their time navel gazing at the local coffee house about what terrible uncultured rednecks we all are.

If this hypothesis was grounded in any reality, the aforementioned species of lib-turd would be nearly extinct. :cool:

And this study only reinforces my belief that stupid people shouldn't breed.

...and by posting only the link and not the text of an article, you become part of the problem, helping to drive traffic to those sites and thus increasing the likelihood that those kinds of stories will be put out there again.

Clicks means eyeballs. Eyeballs means money.

Perhaps, but I seriously doubt my addition of a link is going to drive that much traffic induced cash to their pockets. Rather, I think it's important that people know about these things. And as for posting the text without a link, I believe Joe has mentioned before that that action borders on plagiarism. You have to provide a proper citation of any copyrighted material you post, and in the digital age, posting the link to the original is usually considered the safest move.

I really don't think they will ever stop posting this BS, regardless of the number of re-posts or trackbacks they get.

What everyone needs to remember is that "studies show" and "research shows" (you know, phrases uttered by the scientific illiterate most often) can support ANY kind of conclusion. Questions to ask about the research:

(1) Who did the research?
(2) What was their research methodology?
(3) Was anything ignored in the study?
(4) Can results be interpreted in a different way?
(5) What political ideology does the researcher or group have?
(6) Who funded the study?

So there's 30 million gun toting people on the edge, of snapping yet there are around 10000 gun homicides per year (mostly criminal owned)
i have road rage but I'm more likely to shoot my mouth off
and draw my middle finger then the pull the trigger.

I know a lot of people who have overeating issues with unlimited access to junk and fast food.

Dr Mushroom sounds like a bubbleguming quack looking for funding. Were those street interviews done in Medford or Ashland?

Looks like they just stepped right outside the news station door in downtown Medford to find interviewees. That would explain the couple rehab patients on there.

These folks must have purchased the Mr. Science kit at Wal-Mart to get their degree. There is no causation or correlation in these observations. It's all supposition of an outcome that has never occurred.

Let's play their game… If 9% of the idiots they interviewed (note that they are not "study participants" like a normal controlled study so there is no control group) claimed to have anger issues AND 6 or more guns, what the heck does that matter? If this was a REAL problem wouldn't we see a huge rise in those same people using their guns in anger? I'm sure about the same percentage or interviewees were left-handed, or color blind, or had migraines. SO WHAT!!!!

I'd imagine the next "study" they will embark on will be to ask imprisoned murderers if they were "mad or angry" at any time in their life. Those numbers will be off the charts and now we have the conclusion support our data (instead of the other way around). This was the intent all along.

I recall a "study" once that claimed 80% of car accidents were caused by cell phones. When the real data actually came out, the question they asked the "interviewees" (a list of people involved in a car accident regardless of whether they were driving the car or not) was "Do you own a cell phone?" NOT "Were you the driver? Were you on the cell phone when the collision occurred? Did you cause the collision? Were you distracted by your phone and did that result in the collision?" And who can forget the "Power Lines Cause Leukemia" study that plotted all the leukemia victims that lived near power lines in one or two counties and used those locations points to draw the map polygon for the "sample". But when some college student plotted normal squares, circles or rectangles on the same map the incidence of leukemia was actually lower than the national average. Talk about cooking the books.

This is crap masquerading as science being actively promoted by morons masquerading as journalists.

I'll stop ranting now and go count my guns.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top