JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So in the middle of my manic attack of cleaning and organizing my tool room and the stuff I was doing on the Willys. I came across the head for my Pulaski tool and the really nice if slightly bent Hickory handle I picked up at a yard sale for a couple bucks. This handle is some of the hardest Hickory I have ever shaped. Glad I have a 2 x 72" stationary Belt grinder to do it with. Anyway after at least a dozen trys and maybe an hour trying to get the handle to just the right shape. I manage to get it to fit properly and then I bang it all apart again. I mix up some slow cure epoxy (crap has to be 10 years old) and I slather the wood all up and then paint some more into the eye of the head. And I start banging the handle on top of my anvil to seat the head. Wipe up the mess then worry for 5 hours if the old epoxy will cure.

It did so I sand out the handle clean up the epoxy mess and decide to give it a good painting. A little OSHA Safety Blue for the head, Some Red Pepper Red for the handle with a nice glossy black tip for trim. I let it dry almost long enough then I take it back to the grinder now with a 220 grit belt on it and give it a nice cutting edge. And a stout digging edge on the hoe end.

Going to be one of my Pioneer tools on the back of the Willys. Next up is a dirt shovel. For that one I am thinking Black Blade, Yellow fiberglass handle, With a Safety Blue D grip on the end.

Should make them both easy to find in the mud or snow or even just the pumice sand I plan on adventuring in a bunch when the Willys is done.

Pulaski%20Axe%20painted%20up%20web_zpstszg6qon.jpg

I'm into axes I got a real nice double blade falling axe got a really nice single blade axe got a Boys axe hell I've got a tomahawk

I'm into axes I got a real nice double blade falling axe got a really nice single blade axe got a Boys axe hell I've got a tomahawk
My biggest problem at garage sales
I had 1 pulaski and a neighbor had another 1 at his sale.But his had the steel cover for it the forest service would put on them.
So now I have 2.But GS season is a coming:eek:
Good job BTW

Yea I have a hard time passing up a good axe cheap. Back when we were burning wood to heat the house (before making the excellent choice to go pellet) I was buying up Axes and Splitting mauls all the time. The yard shed has more then a few. This Pulaski the really high quality double bladed falling axe and the Single blade are all the best of the pile. I'll get around to doing the same treatment to the other two sometime. But the Pulaski is headed for the back of the Willys which is why it got spiffed up now.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top