JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So… he woke/gathered his wife and step-daughter at 3am. Held them for hours pointing a gun at them and repeatedly threatened to kill them or the police. Eventually when he falls asleep, the family escapes. A warrant is issued for his arrest. A SWAT team is sent to serve the arrest warrant…. Gotta guess because of his danger level. He comes to the door with a gun, knowing cops are there because of surveillance cameras. Yet, it's "…another questionable police shooting…". What rules of engagement would you suggest , putting yourself in the cops position?

I really like how every reporting news outlet calls him a Grammy winner instead of his actual name because no one knows who the he!l he is. Shows how important a Grammy is, LOL

So… he woke/gathered his wife and step-daughter at 3am. Held them for hours pointing a gun at them and repeatedly threatened to kill them or the police. Eventually when he falls asleep, the family escapes. A warrant is issued for his arrest. A SWAT team is sent to serve the arrest warrant…. Gotta guess because of his danger level. He comes to the door with a gun, knowing cops are there because of surveillance cameras. Yet, it's "…another questionable police shooting…". What rules of engagement would you suggest , putting yourself in the cops position?
Your point apparently being lost on some here. "Hey guys YOU take point huh?I got your 6" Easy to type and click. A LOT harder to aim and flame. Very clearly a suicide by cop. By his announced (911 recorded) intentions, the guy (R.I.P.) killed himself. Being a coward, he had someone else do it. Now in addition to screwing his own family's heads up, the involved officer has to deal with killing another human being - knmowing that it was senseless on the perp's part.

Last Edited:
The way I figure, pointing a gun at someone is synonymous with willingness and potential intent to kill.

If the story is accurate that he already had held his wife and stepdaughter at gun point. Any perceived threat from this guy was going to be very easily and reasonably responded too with shooting him.

Sure sounds to me like he wanted to die but was too scared to just do it himself so he wanted the Cops to kill him. He got his wish. Sadly this will effect a lot of people now. Only upside here is so often kooks like this take out the family first, then live after wanting the Cops to shoot them so we then get to support the waste of air for decades.

Have some insight on this. The clan was shirt-tail related by marriage (wife's side) prior to divorces; I personally didn't know any of the players other than being talked about, but the wife did/does. Very sad situation involving some recent emotional trauma to the now deceased husband (another dead family member). From what I know, not bad folks at all but the result of mental health crisis resulting in a tragic ending.

Just ask for prayers to the family and to the officer who was thrust into a position that he didn't ask for.

Reading the comments on that video just shows you how out of touch the left side is. I guess they expect those cops to go up there with a clipboard and a pencil and try and figure out why this completely mentally ill person took his own family hostage with a gun and try and rationalize with somebody who's insane with a gun Who stated in the 911 call he was going to kill you. Does the left sides brain really not work well enough that they can't put themselves in somebody else's shoes for even a moment?

Does the left sides brain really not work well enough that they can't put themselves in somebody else's shoes for even a moment?
Clearly that is a "YES" answer. Simply look around potland and Seattle, and others, for positive proof!

Reading the comments on that video just shows you how out of touch the left side is. I guess they expect those cops to go up there with a clipboard and a pencil and try and figure out why this completely mentally ill person took his own family hostage with a gun and try and rationalize with somebody who's insane with a gun Who stated in the 911 call he was going to kill you. Does the left sides brain really not work well enough that they can't put themselves in somebody else's shoes for even a moment?
They should have sent the social workers in.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top