JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Quick question. Has this ever happened to anyone here?
When a policeman pulls over a driver whose computer record shows not only the driver's license of the vehicle's owner, but the fact that they have a concealed carry permit, it is too often SOP for the cop to approach the vehicle, gun drawn, order the man or woman from the car, put them on their knees and cuff them before anything else transpires.
Either in the PNW or another state? Not flaming anyone or anything. I liked the "letter" and agree with it, but unless you are inner-city, I don't see things like this happening where I (have) live(d).
Maybe I am just naive?

Nope that has never happened to me. I've never been disarmed or treated in a disrespectful nature by the police. But for reference my record is squeeky clean aside from a few speeding tickets and the like more then a decade ago so they have no reason at all to consider me a threat to them. FWIW I'd be upset if that ever happened and might even file a complaint.

My only gripe is that last year I felt like I was the victom of very minor profiling because I was pulled over 4 times last year and I haven't been pulled over in years before this. My guess is I was pulled over because my Daily driver is 20 years old and my motorcycle is red and looks fast. No tickets, only warnings, but it was a little frustrating. I would like to apologize to a few of the LEO's that pulled me over in the morning on my way home from work. I can be a bit grumpy and do not like to be pulled over for no reason.

I found this and thought it would be great for us citizens to read and understand. To any LEO's who might be reading this thread, Is this the correct copy or fake? Please comment. Thanks!

For the most part it is true...each individual department has their own standards and mission statements. Having one nationally accepted would be more of your federal police (DEA, ATF, FBI, US Marshal, ect.) and I can already tell you that this is just some cut generalization for some political point.

I'm not trying to throw salt in old wounds but,man! I just watched a video of a Sacramento California suspect having his head slammed into a wall while handcuffed. He was in a room full of LEO's and looked like he was exchanging words with one of them. He wasn't resisting but must have said something that made the Leo extremely angry and he lost control and shoved the suspects face into the wall. Messes the guy up. That was completely uncalled for. If any of you watch the video you cant help but see the worried reaction that some of the other LEOs had on there faces. One Leo who looked like he was the one in charge even looked into the camera. BUSTED! Yeah that old boy lost control and he should pay! If that happened to me I would want him fired!

I decided to check out the story on Officer.com but I couldn't find it. Of course I didn't have to look far before I was appalled with other Leo's bad choices.

I would never want to go to jail with a gold grill. Leo's just ripe it out of your mouth and let you bleed.

It is awful how some of Leos act! Just like thugs.. I couldn't stay on that web site for more then a couple minutes form complete disgust! :s0154:

Last Edited:
Funny. The videos of police officers being nice to people and even going out of their way to help people never make it onto YouTube or other sites.

The anxiety their wives have when they leave for work for the swing or graveyard shift never makes it onto YouTube.

Sure there are rotten apples in any group, not just the police, and they should be weeded out. If it's bad enough, they should go to jail.

To me it's just like plane crashes. Flying is known to be very safe but the safe flights don't get reported. Any crash however is all over the news for days. If we just focused on the news of the crashes, our view would get skewed and we'd never get on another plane.

$.02

OK. What if you continue to hear that the planes keep crashing. And another planes crashes over here, now look over there another one. Do you just hop on the next plane? Well I would think those planes should be checked out because something is wrong. AND, maybe we all should warn the people to look out. Those planes might crash and kill you. Some planes are good, some are bad. Maybe the people that build the planes and work on the planes should get rid of the bad planes before they can harm anymore of us.

Last Edited:
I'm not trying to throw salt in old wounds but,man! I just watched a video of a Sacramento California suspect having his head slammed into a wall while handcuffed. He was in a room full of LEO's and looked like he was exchanging words with one of them. He wasn't resisting but must have said something that made the Leo extremely angry and he lost control and shoved the suspects face into the wall. Messes the guy up. That was completely uncalled for. If any of you watch the video you cant help but see the worried reaction that some of the other LEOs had on there faces. One Leo who looked like he was the one in charge even looked into the camera. BUSTED! Yeah that old boy lost control and he should pay! If that happened to me I would want him fired!

I decided to check out the story on Officer.com but I couldn't find it. Of course I didn't have to look far before I was appalled with other Leo's bad choices.

I would never want to go to jail with a gold grill. Leo's just ripe it out of your mouth and let you bleed.

It is awful how some of Leos act! Just like thugs.. I couldn't stay on that web site for more then a couple minutes form complete disgust! :s0154:

Most videos don't show detainees spitting on LEOs, or when they reach back and "grab a handfull" while in cuffs.

So just because your YouTube Airchair general skills state that LEOs are abusing people in handcuffs, doesn't mean it is always happening.

No need in insulting me Riot. It isn't just the video, it seems to be the state of the Police force these days. WAY too many bad cops doing things that bad cops do, and making the good cops look bad. It is not my fault that a cop will do things against the law. But hey I guess we should all just look the other way and pretend like they never do wrong and should be trusted with what is most important to us..OUR LIVES!!!

I would never suggest that a Leo shouldn't have the right to defend his or her self! If someone spit on them they should slap the taste out of that persons mouth, at Least! If someone "grabs a handful", then they should be punched with all the force a Leo can muster.

But that is not the point! There are cops that are doing bad things and it should not overlooked. If I and anyone else as citizens does not say it then it WILL get even worse. We need the GOOD LEO's of America to help stop this before it gets worse. God help them!

Last Edited:
Hey, Father of four, we all get it already that you hate police officers. You made your point.

Anything further from you just proves you have OCD.

OK. Carry on. :s0155:

Most videos don't show detainees spitting on LEOs, or when they reach back and "grab a handfull" while in cuffs.

So just because your YouTube Airchair general skills state that LEOs are abusing people in handcuffs, doesn't mean it is always happening.

But . . . Is there ever a reason to beat the . . . . out of someone, especially since we are suppose to be a nation of laws, where the main rule is that you are innocent until proven guilty. No, any mistreatment by a member of the law enforcement community should be an automatic dismissal. No excuses. You don't like being a member of Law enforcement, find another job but to beat some one . . . Anyone is uncalled for.

You once again are just showing everyone here your childish behavior. OCD, is that to insinuate that I have a Obsessive Compulsive Disorder? If so, are you my doctor. Are you now diagnosing my symptoms?

Typical, instead of rational discussion, just try and belittle the people that oppose your view.

Law enforcement officers MUST hold themselves to a higher standard than the thugs they apprehend, to stoop to the same level as the criminal is beyond contempt and should never be tolerated under any circumstance. Those who wear the badge either follow the law of find another profession, not everybody can fill a LEO's shoes. God Bless those that stand between us and anarchy.

igcopy.jpg

:) :)

No need in insulting me Riot. It isn't just the video, it seems to be the state of the Police force these days. WAY too many bad cops doing things that bad cops do, and making the good cops look bad. It is not my fault that a cop will do things against the law. But hey I guess we should all just look the other way and pretend like they never do wrong and should be trusted with what is most important to us..OUR LIVES!!!

I'm just calling a spade a spade...you said "he wasn't resisting", you didn't say "he didn't look like he was resisting".

That's a huge difference in my eyes....you already made your conclusion based upon your vast video watching skills that the LEO were in the wrong when you weren't even there. I was mearly pointing out that videos don't show everything.

*edit*

Just to add I disagree to the statement that police corruption is on the rise....I just think more are getting caught! Some of these guys have been doing things the wrong way for many many years....and now that virtually everyone has a camera, a lot of that is simply coming more to light than before.

Did you watch that video? The suspect was on his knee on the bench. He had 1 Leo adjusting or doing something to the handcuffs. Another Leo on the other side of him. The suspect looked like he was exchanging words with another Leo behind him. Whats so hard to see? Was he resisting? Were the two Leo's that were closer to him struggling with him?

He was not resisting! He did make that Leo mad though! That Leo shoved his face into the wall! Is that so hard to see? I guess I cant make that simple conclusion. The other Leos didn't have to shove his face onto the wall. I wonder why that one did?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fff_1268918385

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dc4_1268913648

I'll say it again.

I do not hate Law Endorsement Officers!

It may be more like Riot posted above. With all the video cameras that are out there these days, Leo's that have been doing bad things are just getting busted now.

WE NEED LEO'S!!!! WE NEED GOVERNMENT!!! WE NEED REPRESENTATIVES!!!!

They need to be accountable for their actions!

If I do something illegal I SHOULD BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR MY ACTIONS!!!!!

What I have been posting is not against the Government in general. It is against the people in this country who are part of the Authority of this country doing illegal things!

It seems like ONLY the good men/women in authority who really have the ability to address the problems! We vote year after year and it seems like it just keeps getting worse! I am too ignorant and I do not have any pull to fix anything!

I hope that there are people who post here, or people who read our post here who can and are able.

Like Riot said. He calls a spade a spade. Well I think there are Good people in Authority!!!!! I hope they will not turn their backs on me or any of us citizens when one of their piers do something illegal.

If they are not going to stand up for the law of the land and us then who?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads