JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was very glad to get this -- it's like gold.

PB100263.JPG

Before these arrive, I bought two new 50 round plastic cartridge boxes to store them in. When I unbagged them tonight, I put on nitrile gloves so I wouldn't get fingerprints on them. How sick is that?

Before these arrive, I bought two new 50 round plastic cartridge boxes to store them in. When I unbagged them tonight, I put on nitrile gloves so I wouldn't get fingerprints on them. How sick is that?
Not sick at all. The oils in human skin will discolor brass over time. Nothing like seeing your fingerprint from a few years ago. I've seen a few of mine.

Can this be fire formed to 9.3x62?
Here's a discussion on the subject:

The .35 Whelen has case dimensions of the .30-06 up to the neck. The primed cases I bought cost 95 cents apiece, a lot more than .30-06. So if you can bump an -06 up to .362, that would be more cost effective. To date, all my cases for .35 Whelen have been those I've made from -06 brass, no problems going up to .358. Converted -06 cases run just a taste shorter than factory .35 Whelen but it doesn't seem to make a practical difference to shooting that I've been able to see.

Note in the link above, there is a case head difference in size between the 9.3x62 vs. the .30-06 and .35 Whelen.

Here's a discussion on the subject:

The .35 Whelen has case dimensions of the .30-06 up to the neck. The primed cases I bought cost 95 cents apiece, a lot more than .30-06. So if you can bump an -06 up to .362, that would be more cost effective. To date, all my cases for .35 Whelen have been those I've made from -06 brass, no problems going up to .358. Converted -06 cases run just a taste shorter than factory .35 Whelen but it doesn't seem to make a practical difference to shooting that I've been able to see.

Note in the link above, there is a case head difference in size between the 9.3x62 vs. the .30-06 and .35 Whelen.
Thank you, kindly.

I lucked into some factory hornady ammo in 35 whelen. Really wanted it for the brass but it actually shot very well. Can't blame you one bit for wanting to keep it shiny. Shiny brass is clearly "more gooder" haha

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top