JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have premium stuff on-hand, though not burning it up for break-in.

What's a cheap (decent/good for reloading a few times) range round?
I've read Hirtenberger is a worthy.

Good stuff I have already. For special occasion.
It doesn't make much cents to burn near a buck a pull.
I'd be in for boxer primed @1/2 buck a pull for decent brass cased.

Last Edited:
I picked up some 51 brass at the gravrl pit a couple of weeks ago, about et 25% had beridian primers. I hsd to use a flashlight to look inside the cases to seperate the beridian ftom the boxer primed cases. I have extra if you are looking for just brass to reload for breaking in your gun. I can count what I have when I grt home.

Mighty fine offer, and appreciated.
Spent brass, currently will do me no good, as I don't reload....yet.
I was looking to do the break-in while getting some range brass at the same time.

Careful if you go Hertenberger, as most is Berdan primed. A few years are boxer, I believe 1979 & newer. Also the primers are crimped, so you'd need to deal with that (not a big deal really, but an extra step).

PPU (Priv Partisan) has pretty decent brass, and they make a wide range of ammo. Including decently priced 7.62 M80 ball. Usually $.50-$.60/rd, although a few places had it under $.50 recently.

Best deal on PPU was Palmetto State Armory over the weekend, under $.50 shipping included I believe. They sold out. Likely will be back there.

Currently at Sgammo (great to deal with & family owned business, highly recommend):

500 Round Case - 7.62x51 M80 FMJ BT 145 Grain Ammo by Prvi Partizan - PPN762B | SGAmmo.com

$239.50 + $16ish shipping for 500 = ~ $.51/rd ish. Pretty decent price from a well known, respected distributor.

Also he has Magtech at similar. No experience with Magtech in 7.62/.308, so can't say yea or nay.

Last Edited:
I've been in the process of buying a lot of 308 from SGammo.com

I also highly recommend them as they're cost competitive, ship quickly, and I have confidence if there was ever an issue it'd be fixed.

I also pop for the insurance on the multi-hundred dollar purchases.

That being said Aguila makes some pretty decent M80 ball and the brass is nice.

Wait, so you have a new rifle you're about to break in, that's I'll presume isn't some Savage Axis junk, and you're afraid to spend a few extra dollars? Reminds me of a friend that has well over 100K in his offshore boat, then becomes upset that herring was $8.00 a tray at the marina. He picked one heck of a time to become a tightwad. :p

Wait, so you have a new rifle you're about to break in, that's I'll presume isn't some Savage Axis junk, and you're afraid to spend a few extra dollars? Reminds me of a friend that has well over 100K in his offshore boat, then becomes upset that herring was $8.00 a tray at the marina. He picked one heck of a time to become a tightwad. :p

I feed my scar17s cheap milsurp stuff, I get it. The rifle loves that cheap milsurp stuff.

For a high class broad, she's definitely low maintenance.

Mighty fine offer, and appreciated.
Spent brass, currently will do me no good, as I don't reload....yet.
I was looking to do the break-in while getting some range brass at the same time.

If you are close to Arlington you are welcome to come over and load up some 308. I have extra brass and 308 dies.
Actually dies for about forty different calibers.

If you are close to Arlington you are welcome to come over and load up some 308. I have extra brass and 308 dies.
Actually dies for about forty different calibers.
If I was close, I'd take you up on that.
Your old school hospitality is a nice gesture. :)
Problem being, I'm a minimum 3 hours away.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top