JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have premium stuff on-hand, though not burning it up for break-in.

What's a cheap (decent/good for reloading a few times) range round?
I've read Hirtenberger is a worthy.

Good stuff I have already. For special occasion.
It doesn't make much cents to burn near a buck a pull.
I'd be in for boxer primed @1/2 buck a pull for decent brass cased.

Last Edited:
I picked up some 51 brass at the gravrl pit a couple of weeks ago, about et 25% had beridian primers. I hsd to use a flashlight to look inside the cases to seperate the beridian ftom the boxer primed cases. I have extra if you are looking for just brass to reload for breaking in your gun. I can count what I have when I grt home.

Mighty fine offer, and appreciated.
Spent brass, currently will do me no good, as I don't reload....yet.
I was looking to do the break-in while getting some range brass at the same time.

Careful if you go Hertenberger, as most is Berdan primed. A few years are boxer, I believe 1979 & newer. Also the primers are crimped, so you'd need to deal with that (not a big deal really, but an extra step).

PPU (Priv Partisan) has pretty decent brass, and they make a wide range of ammo. Including decently priced 7.62 M80 ball. Usually $.50-$.60/rd, although a few places had it under $.50 recently.

Best deal on PPU was Palmetto State Armory over the weekend, under $.50 shipping included I believe. They sold out. Likely will be back there.

Currently at Sgammo (great to deal with & family owned business, highly recommend):

500 Round Case - 7.62x51 M80 FMJ BT 145 Grain Ammo by Prvi Partizan - PPN762B | SGAmmo.com

$239.50 + $16ish shipping for 500 = ~ $.51/rd ish. Pretty decent price from a well known, respected distributor.

Also he has Magtech at similar. No experience with Magtech in 7.62/.308, so can't say yea or nay.

Last Edited:
I've been in the process of buying a lot of 308 from SGammo.com

I also highly recommend them as they're cost competitive, ship quickly, and I have confidence if there was ever an issue it'd be fixed.

I also pop for the insurance on the multi-hundred dollar purchases.

That being said Aguila makes some pretty decent M80 ball and the brass is nice.

Wait, so you have a new rifle you're about to break in, that's I'll presume isn't some Savage Axis junk, and you're afraid to spend a few extra dollars? Reminds me of a friend that has well over 100K in his offshore boat, then becomes upset that herring was $8.00 a tray at the marina. He picked one heck of a time to become a tightwad. :p

Wait, so you have a new rifle you're about to break in, that's I'll presume isn't some Savage Axis junk, and you're afraid to spend a few extra dollars? Reminds me of a friend that has well over 100K in his offshore boat, then becomes upset that herring was $8.00 a tray at the marina. He picked one heck of a time to become a tightwad. :p

I feed my scar17s cheap milsurp stuff, I get it. The rifle loves that cheap milsurp stuff.

For a high class broad, she's definitely low maintenance.

Mighty fine offer, and appreciated.
Spent brass, currently will do me no good, as I don't reload....yet.
I was looking to do the break-in while getting some range brass at the same time.

If you are close to Arlington you are welcome to come over and load up some 308. I have extra brass and 308 dies.
Actually dies for about forty different calibers.

If you are close to Arlington you are welcome to come over and load up some 308. I have extra brass and 308 dies.
Actually dies for about forty different calibers.
If I was close, I'd take you up on that.
Your old school hospitality is a nice gesture. :)
Problem being, I'm a minimum 3 hours away.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top