JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We had a new Sportsman's Warehouse open here six weeks ago. They had pallets of 22 ammo for sale opening day. Haven't seen any since. I would like to know what the mechanics were behind that wholesale purchase. Handgun powder is hit or miss. I have bought 3 lbs of True Blue and a 4 lb jug of WSF. They have also had Longshot and some of the tactical and mag powders. There has been a good supply of primers but my gun is temperamental with anything but Federal Small Pistol primers. For some reason there hasn't been any. I read one poster was using small rifle primers in handgun cartridges. I bought a 100 count Federal box and they work fine. My gun is a 357 mag so I wasn't too worried about it, loading 38 special. I'm wondering if they are both the same primer.

Sportsman's Warehouse open here six weeks ago.
Just wondering where 'here' is. The Bend store has been getting powder regularly and the shelves are closing in on pre - panic levels. Pistol powders are still a little slow but are coming back. How fast did the 'pallets' of .22 go? Did they limit it?

Klamath Falls. One brick limit on 22. They still had 22 ammo in the afternoon. They were selling it from two ends of the store and had a pallet or more of it. They have had a variety of rifle powder on the shelf but only a few 1 pounders of pistol powder. When I went in last week there wasn't any. May be between orders. The store is right next to Sherm's grocery store so when my wife buy's groceries I go there. Its a frigging curse.

We had a Sportsman's Warehouse open up around here about 1.5 years ago. They opened their doors a week before the grand opening which is when I was able to buy primers. The morning of the grand opening we all lined up for our shot at the powder and pallet of 22LR. Since then I've seen a tiny quantity of 22LR on two occasions and powder of various types come and go, but of late becoming more and more common. Small pistol primers do seem to go out of stock quickly so I stock up early.

If your revolver will only reliable pop Federal primers then that means that you or some previous owner went in and messed around with the main spring. Jump to the 8 minute mark of the video below if you want to hear the most pertinent portion of the video, though it is all good to listen to if you have the time.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top