JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, it's called the Yakuza. Ask ANYONE who has lived in Japan. I would look to Switzerland as an example of exemplary behavior. They have more guns per person and less gun crime.

Also, when you're ready to give up your freedom of speech and freedom of religion then we can talk about abolishing the Constitution and becoming more like China and all these other communist countries. They ban guns, would you feel safer there?

A Land Without Guns: How Japan Has Virtually Eliminated Shooting Deaths - Max Fisher - The Atlantic

i read the artical. not going to post my thoughts as they are most likely the same as most of yours, but is there anyone here that thinks the united states should adress our 200+ plus year old laws?

The issue is gaining in the popular opinion, and when you hear about classrooms of kids taken out by loons, people will find their tolerance of gun control concepts increase.

Interesting article.

Twelve facts about guns and mass shootings in the United States

When they ban guns, the bill of rights will be worth the paper it's written on.

We are a democracy BECAUSE of the second amendment. Not despite it.

I am asian, i am not a racist. I grewth up in North Portland and now living in Southern OR I have a right to say this. Put a group of black, white mexican, chinese, europeans and russian to live in Japan to see how their country will turn out. The writer of this article have not even mention how big of the size of united state vs japan.

I am asian, i am not a racist. I grewth up in North Portland and now living in Southern OR I have a right to say this. Put a group of black, white mexican, chinese, europeans and russian to live in Japan to see how their country will turn out. The writer of this article have not even mention how big of the size of united state vs japan.

This is an excellent point. Any time you have large amounts of ethnic diversity and cultural intermingling, there will always be confrontation.

Nor do they mention that Japanese culture has, for thousands of years, had at its core that the normal citizen is to be submissive to the master. Up through WWII it had a caste system in place. We have not had that in America. Our "independence" and not "bowing" to anyone is part of the reason why it is so different here than there. Different history, divergent paths. A direct comparison cannot be drawn given that level of difference.

Also, when you're ready to give up your freedom of speech and freedom of religion then we can talk about abolishing the Constitution and becoming more like China and all these other communist countries. They ban guns, would you feel safer there?

And this is the funniest thing of it all. The people that wants to ban guns don't understand that it's only a matter of time that their other amendments are gone also. No more free speech, ect, ect. Dumbasses.

A Land Without Guns: How Japan Has Virtually Eliminated Shooting Deaths - Max Fisher - The Atlantic

i read the artical. not going to post my thoughts as they are most likely the same as most of yours, but is there anyone here that thinks the united states should adress our 200+ plus year old laws?

Lush is an anti-gun troll. I have been reading his posts and he has a serious agenda advocating for the banning of guns. Perhaps, you should go to places like Huffington Post, not a RKBA forum to promote your cause. I understand how you feel and don't even hold it against you, but I don't think you will win any hearts here and in my opinion, what you are promoting will result in the deaths of many more innocent children, not help protect them. That is the typical fallacy of gun control advocates, is they are short-sighted and impulsive.

BTW.. My grandmother comes from a small village in Belarus (near Russia) near the city of Bobruisk. Because they were JEwish, nobody in their village was allowed to own a firearm , by order of the Czar. Well, during one pogrom a group of heavily armed drunken Polish villagers came into the village and started going on a shooting rampage than ended in the death of many more children and adults than what you saw in this school massacre today. One of those who was murdered was my Aunt Gittel. She died in a pool of blood as my great grandfather held her during her last breaths.

Do you think that is the end of the butchery? No, about 10-20 years later the entire village was exterminated by Nazi German invaders. Both children and their parents were forced to dig their own graves, many of the women holding their babies before the government troops were ordered to shoot everyone and bury them. The village of my grandmother no longer exists today.

Tell me, did gun control work??

Speaking of the Japanese, no offense to them, as I really do love a lot about Japanese people and culture, but do people remember how Japanese soldiers butchered and massacred unarmed, helpless Chinese civilians? Indeed, they have actually massacred more helpless people and committed war crimes that blow this school massacre out of proportion.

Indeed, the Japanese are a submissive society to its leaders and America is a society of a more rebellious nature. I can only wonder what would have happened to helpless Asian people had the Japanese empire conquered and took control of all those countries. They were not exactly the most ethical people to their captives and subjects.

If people hate freedom so much, perhaps we should revert to Nazi-era fascist laws where everything is controlled and run by government.

To Lush, perhaps we should ban cars? Maybe, only the appropriate government officials should be trusted with cars. I mean how many innocent children are killed by cars everyday? Not to mention, a car can be used as a deadly weapon and cause much more deaths than any of these gun attacks. Just drive your car through a busy intersection in downtown Seattle during midday if you want to cause a higher casualty count than any of these shootings.

Seriously, if we banned cars and forced everyone to take government funded public transportation, we would save 10,000s of lives ever year, many more people than are murdered by firearms.

While we are at it, we can ban soft drinks, high fructose corn syrup and other junk food that is contributing to bloated health care costs and contributing to 10,000s of deaths a year.

With tears in my eye, I will say this sorrowfully, yet honestly, if you live in a free society, you will have horrible events like these. That is the price you pay for living in a free society. Perhaps, we can start thinking like FREE people rather than ENSLAVED people. Rather, than BAN THIS or BAN THAT, we can think of feasible solutions that can minimize these atrocities as much as possible. These atrocities are actually statistically very low, but with media sensationalism, you will have all the emotional and irrational outbursts of fear.

My own voice advocates to protect our schools with armed security guards and even guarded access. Seriously, where have like 90% of these mass shootings taken place? Schools! If schools are not easily accessible for madmen to walk into, they will not in their impulsive rages go there. People may hate the thought of having guarded schools with secure access, but we don't live in the 1940s anymore. Guns will never be banned. Even a machete can cause massive carnage in a school. Banning guns will only criminalize law abiding citizens and empower criminals who have easy access to illegal firearms. Banning guns did not reduce murders , robberies and tyranny of innocent civilians in Detroit (when Detroit had a ban), Milwaukee, Chicago or Washington DC.

Think about that! Let's be pro-active, not reactive!

Short answer: No, we should address our failed 80- year old laws.

I'm not going to bother reading the linked article, but the headline says "shooting deaths". What about all the other deaths from other causes? They haven't solved the violence problem. Because it is not a solvable problem. There will always be violence; there will always be homicide, if not by a firearm then by something else.

elsie

Squidly, why do u ask?

4Freedom, the whole lets ban cars bit is just lame. everyone knows its lame.
99% of deaths by cars are accidents (im guessing 99% but we all know its very high percent)
the same is not to be said about gun deaths. And just because someone (in this case me) may not fully agree with how u want the world ran dont make me a troll, Thats like saying Obama has been the president for the past 4 years who ever is going to try to run against him is a troll because they may have some different thoughts on some issues.

u call it trolling, i call it free speach.....

Squidly, why do u ask?

99% of deaths by cars are accidents (im guessing 99% but we all know its very high percent)
the same is not to be said about gun deaths. And just because someone (in this case me) may not fully agree with how u want the world ran dont make me a troll, Thats like saying Obama has been the president for the past 4 years who ever is going to try to run against him is a troll because they may have some different thoughts on some issues.

they weren't accidents they were preventable just like an accidental discharge keep your finger off the trigger and no discharge, and if the drivers were paying attention then no accident

ok, but its still called in your own words " an accidental discharge" it is caused by people who are not paying attention or are focused on other things, just like when people are driving and they are changing their CD or eating some french fries and they crash their car into a tree.

its still a car accident. I dont think people wanted to wreck their cars, just like no one means to shoot themself with an accidental discharge.

accidents are preventable i totally agree with you. but they are accidents. im sure there is many more homicides my guns then cars.

ok, but its still called in your own words " an accidental discharge" it is caused by people who are not paying attention or are focused on other things, just like when people are driving and they are changing their CD or eating some french fries and they crash their car into a tree.

its still a car accident. I dont think people wanted to wreck their cars, just like no one means to shoot themself with an accidental discharge.

accidents are preventable i totally agree with you. but they are accidents. im sure there is many more homicides my guns then cars.

no there not accidents they are negligent collisions they were preventable.
no not my words that is what people call them they are negligent discharges they are preventable. and there are more homicides by knives , fist, bat's, rocks. so why pick on guns instead of the perp. doing the deed
like I've heard people say before why go after McDonnell's? the fork made me fat it put the food in my mouth

They are called "collisions", not accidents for a reason : source any leo. I've come very close to dying in 2 separate accidents because people weren't paying attention while driving. One collision required back surgery. You say, "Oh, but you need to be licensed to drive". No, you don't. People drive illegally, w/o a license, w/o insurance every single day. But just because a few run around breaking the laws, you say the comparison of banning automobiles is ridiculous? Interesting.

You want facts, check this out: Gun Control - Just Facts

Squidly, why do u ask?

You come to a gun forum telling all of us that we shouldn't own guns? Your free speech is advocating our incarceration. That is what you call freedom? You make a bogus claims explaining why the 99.9% of law abiding firearm owning citizens in this country shouldn't own guns.

Accidents or not, ban cars and many more lives would be saved from a massive number of deaths. Quite a bit more people would be saved if they banned cars than ban guns.. You, as with all people who wish to ban guns are very short-sighted and lack any critical reasoning skills. What I am saying is not lame, what you are advocating is lame, pointless and will do nothing good except punish law abiding citizens and empower criminals. That is lame!

More people die in bus and motorcycle accidents alone in this country than die from mass murders. The point is, you don't think law abiding citizens can be trusted with guns. Well, why not start with cars first? Who says if we ban guns, that these maniacs won't go plow into a crowded school yard or intersection with a car. Now, a car becomes a weapon, one that is potentially much more dangerous than a gun. Not only that, but a car makes for great body armor! It's much harder to stop a person in car, then a person running around with a gun.

You see, you don't bother to do any deeper research in your logic, rather you go by your impulse and emotions. You read "gun shooting at school", ban guns. Yet, you overlook all the large number of deaths every day that occur from cars. Since you are all for banning things, let's start with one of the greatest killers. Let's limit car ownership to trained government officials who have undergone a large amount of training and can be trusted.

Accidents or not... Don't you care about all the people killed by cars? Considering alcohol and cell phones also may have lot to do with many fatal accidents, perhaps we should ban these too. Think about it, we ban cars, cell phones, and/or alcohol we will not have any more deaths. No more dead children.

<broken link removed>

Just like you advocated you would be happy to give up your glocks to save chidlren, here is what I say: "Ban cars! If giving up my car could save the life of one child, I would do it! "

THAT IS, according to your absurd and faulty logic.

I think you obviously came to this forum with an agenda.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top