JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think this has been said, but it stands repeating.

Gun crime does NOT equal all crime.

If you get stabbed to death, run over by a drunk driver, or shot it doesn't really matter. You are dead, you have killed.

Someone posted this on another thread.
The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S. | Mail Online

When people talk 'violent gun crime' make them remove the 'gun' word. Make it just 'violent crime.'

I haven't fact checked this article yet, but I'm going too do just that. Why? Because I like to be 'armed' against people who want to just talk about guns. Guns do this, guns do that. No people do these horrible acts of violence.

Violent crime is violent crime.

Then look at Canada... Who have a bunch of guns up there. But mot of them are not used to kill people

I would venture to say that we have more guns in the U.S. and the vast majority of them are not used to kill people. I'm thinking that most of the gun crime in the U.S. has more to do with poverty, gangs and drugs than anything else.

You are incorrect. Deaths by automobiles are called accidents because people are not willing to take responsibility for their actions. Most are due to pure negligence in the operation of the vehicle; following to close, excessive speed for conditions, poor situational awareness, driving while under the influence of something, driving distracted, ignorance or willful disregard for the laws/rules of the road and the list goes on. The only one who has the 'accident' is the innocent(s) who, while doing everything right, get smacked by the entitled moron who feels that the rules don't apply to them.

elsie

Having worked as an RN in a trauma center with people from Automobile "Accidents" coming in daily, I have to agree with this 100%.

The part in bold being probably the absolute biggest problem in this country.

If the government REALLY wanted to save lives they need to limit medical mistakes and limit access to motor vehicles.

Deaths from avoidable medical error more than double in past decade, investigation shows

"The total number of iatrogenic deaths shown in the following table is 783,936. It is evident that the American medical system is the leading cause of death and injury in the United States"

From: Medical system is leading cause of death and injury in US - Health Supreme

"Of the total 323,993 deaths among Medicare patients in those years who developed one or more patient-safety incidents, 263,864, or 81 percent, of these deaths were directly attributable to the incident(s)."

From: In Hospital Deaths from Medical Errors at 195,000 per Year USA

"In 2003 there were 6,328,000 car accidents in the US. There were 2.9 million injuries and 42,643 people were killed in auto accidents."

"In the U.S. for 2006, there were 30,896 deaths from firearms, distributed as follows by mode of death: Suicide 16,883; Homicide 12,791; Accident 642; Legal Intervention 360; Undetermined 220."

FIREARMS TUTORIAL

There are over 25,000 laws on the book's regarding guns and gun ownership. Now, since gun deaths are lower then medical mistakes and vehicle accidents where do you think more emphasis on "control" should be placed?

i have zreo reason to lie, none whats so ever.
and just for you because for some reason u feel the need to personally try to discredit me. here is a link to my facebook page which is 100% public.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100000116157538

have fun. and oh, here my number is 206-795-8847, call and chat it up whenever you want. dont know why u would feel that i would waist my time to make up a post.

English isn't your first language is it?

Good point. In a country that has only one Gun Shop in the entire nation, and gun laws up the yinyang, they've got a serious gun violence issue which they conveniently place on the footsteps of the U.S.
It's all our fault!:s0131:

Well, according to the Mexican Gov't, Obwan and Holder it is!

Of the world's 23 "rich" countries, the U.S. gun-related murder rate is almost 20 times that of the other 22.

23 Rich countries... and how about all the rest? i am pretty sure there are more people killed in the poorer countries..... Also of the 23 rich countries, how many have closed boarders that prevent people form entering the country illigelly? not saying that all the people that come into this country illegely are criminals, but you hear about some of the eastern eroupein mobsters or the gang members form El Salvidor and south america.......maybe violent crimes might be reduced if we had a better grasp on our borders.

America's gun control laws are the loosest in the developed world...

So America goes with no guns to American Civilians , Will the President still have armed people protecting Him, His family and His "Children" ... If so, Why the U.S. will be so much safer with no guns , Right ... ?

This control for a safer U.S. is B.S. ... The Government wants our guns so we can't fight back and we can be easier controlled ...

Of the world's 23 "rich" countries, the U.S. gun-related murder rate is almost 20 times that of the other 22.
I wonder if the other 22 countries report news in a manner to the almost instantaneous as here in the US? I'll bet some of those countries have less than 'liberal' freedom to report as we do in the US.

Paris and London are having a surge in gun homicides and a large increase in crime. The USA has had actually a reduction in murders and violent crime as compared to those other countries with stricter gun control. The only reason why many of the other developed countries have had a lower murder and violent crime rate is they had a homogeneous population of people and who also did not have a violent culture to begin with. However, things are changing in Europe, with a new immigrant population distribution and with a large imbalance of wealthy and poor people. Also, the culture of gangs, violence and criminality is catching on Europe just as it did in the 90s in the USA. Just take a trip to the slums of Marseilles, France if you want to go to a place that makes any slum in the USA look like a vacation spot. The violence and crime in Marseilles is so bad, that they have soldiers patrol certain areas rather than police, who dare not venture to the areas of that city.

They say in New York City the amount of people murdered by knives surpasses the gun murders in many other cities in the USA. That isn't to say NYC doesn't have its share of gun homicides committed with handguns, despite the fact handguns are illegal there.

USA's Violent Crime Rate:
While the homicide rate decreased continuously between 1991 and 2000 from 9.8 homicides per 100,000 persons to 5.5 per 100,000, it remained at 5.4-5.7 until 2009, when it dipped down to 5.0, and continued to drop in 2010 to 4.8.
In contrast to the recent sharp decrease in the homicide rate, the rates of other violent crimes and of property crimes, although they have continuously decreased recently, have decreased at a considerably slower pace than in the 1990s.[11] Overall, the crime rate in the U.S. was the same in 2009 as in 1968, with the homicide rate being roughly the same as in 1964. Violent crime overall, however, is still at the same level as in 1973, despite having decreased steadily since 1991.[12]
Crime Rate[12][13] 1960 1961 1963 1965 1967 1969 1971 1973 1975 1977 1979 1981 1983 1985 1987 1989 1991 1993 1995 1997 1999 2001 2003 2005 2007 2009 2010
Violent crime rate 160.9 158.1 168.2 200.2 253.2 328.7 396.0 417.4 487.8 475.9 548.9 594.3 537.7 556.6 609.7 663.1 758.2 747.1 684.5 611.0 523.0 504.5 475.8 469.0 472.0 429.4 403.6
Homicide rate 5.1 4.8 4.6 5.1 6.2 7.3 8.6 9.4 9.6 8.8 9.8 9.8 8.3 8.0 8.3 8.7 9.8 9.5 8.2 6.8 5.7 5.6 5.7 5.6 5.7 5.0 4.8
Property crime rate 1,726 1,747 2,012 2,249 2,736 3,351 3,769 3,737 4,811 4,602 5,017 5,264 4,637 4,650 4,940 5,078 5,140 4,740 4,591 4,316 3,744 3,658 3,591 3,432 3,277 3,036 2,941
Crimes per 100,000 population

Squidly, why do u ask?

4Freedom, the whole lets ban cars bit is just lame. everyone knows its lame.99% of deaths by cars are accidents (im guessing 99% but we all know its very high percent)
the same is not to be said about gun deaths. And just because someone (in this case me) may not fully agree with how u want the world ran dont make me a troll, Thats like saying Obama has been the president for the past 4 years who ever is going to try to run against him is a troll because they may have some different thoughts on some issues.

u call it trolling, i call it free speach.....

I don't think that's true at all. I think it seems lame to the libs and progressives because it would be an inconvenience to them, thus it becomes lame. If you get down to facts, drunk drivers kill over 10,200 adults per year and over 1200 children under the age of 14 (stats came from the CDC). This is vehicular HOMICIDE...again...HOMICIDE!! but what is done to prevent it? Not much in the grand scheme of things. Sure is against the law...but it's really not a big deal, a good lawyer will get you off. Guns come no where close to that. Not even in the same planet. So if we are to apply the blanket blame game, why dont we put a breathalizer in all cars and motorcycles for every American driver, whether they have had a DUI or not, that you have to blow into before you car will start? Do you think it would be ok for the government to force you to put a breathalizer in your car that you have to blow into every 10 min. of driving, even if you have never touched a drop of alcohol in your life?

It's the same exact thing. The anti gun nuts out there want to take away all the violence and murder, as long as it doesn't effect them personally. Its all about convience.

The car is not at fault, the guns are not at fault!!!!! The liberal/Progressive society is 100% at fault!

If you get down to facts, drunk drivers kill over 10,200 adults per year and over 1200 children under the age of 14 (stats came from the CDC). This is vehicular HOMICIDE...again...HOMICIDE!!

Finally. I'm glad to see someone bring up the issue of the link between these shootings and mind-altered states. I'd like to make a suggestion that if the gun community wants to stop the tsunami of gun control measures that appear to be heading our way, we should think about attacking how the debate is being shielded from the connection to prescription psychotropic drugs.

One of the things that nearly all of these senseless, crazy, unexplainable tragedies have in common is the "medicated" state of mind of the shooters. Those who are trying very hard to use these tragedies as opportunities to politically leverage our gun rights away are being careful not to make the connection between them and prescription psychotropic drugs. If these drugs were targeted as the centerpiece of discussion for their role in these events, the gun control agenda would lose the traction that it's trying to gain from them.

If these drugs are a common thread to these high profile assaults on public safety, maybe we should force a focus on the pharmaceutical companies that are flooding our communities with high-profit toxins.

Ever notice how commercials that promote these poisons exploit our emotions by using happy, attractive, vibrant people and pleasant, upbeat music to keep us from paying attention to the laundry list of side effects that they're required to disclose to consumers? Ever notice how the narrators of these commercials suddenly talk a little faster and with a lower tone of voice when its time to talk about the drugs' side effects? The published clinical studies of these "medications" themselves demonstrate that they produce the kind of side effects that completely explain the tragedies that Obama & Co. is trying to blame on guns. If you time, watch the following videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4vD4QC0kQ8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKBJwbAjUZk

23 Rich countries... and how about all the rest? i am pretty sure there are more people killed in the poorer countries..... Also of the 23 rich countries, how many have closed boarders that prevent people form entering the country illigelly? not saying that all the people that come into this country illegely are criminals, but you hear about some of the eastern eroupein mobsters or the gang members form El Salvidor and south america.......maybe violent crimes might be reduced if we had a better grasp on our borders.

i dont know the other countrys, i simply copied and paisted the atrical. i did not write the thing. and even with closed boarders people still enter countries illeagely.

i 100% agree with you more poeple are most likely killed in poorer countries. but we dont live in pooper countries so to ME it makes since to compare ourself to other "rich" countries. not Jamaca, Afganastan, Greenland...... thats like comparing the Seahawks to Ballard highschool....

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top