JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Like hell I did!

I made an OBSERVATION about my perception of the relative level of preparedness and willingness to lay down one's life for one's neighbor between our countrymen of 60 years ago and those we find today.

In PICTURES, no less!
this is not calling me out?

"Your punching above your weight. Knock it off!"

Your statement of this thread at #10

Ha....funny. When you have medical issues that need tending to 24/7. you are not going to be Mark Spitz. You may apologise.
Just trying to add a bit of humor when folks get all sandy pants. And the pic was not directed at you since I clearly know little of your physical attributes šŸ˜

Just trying to add a bit of humor when folks get all sandy pants. And the pic was not directed at you since I clearly know little of your physical attributes šŸ˜
Then why post with my quote? It WAS directed at me or you would not have even posted it. Please don't try to blow it off like no big deal. If that was the actual case, my quote would have not been there. It has nothing to do with "sany pants" at all. Ask how many here that has posted if it was in good taste.

Then why post with my quote? It WAS directed at me or you would not have even posted it. Please don't try to blow it off like no big deal. If that was the actual case, my quote would have not been there. It has nothing to do with "sany pants" at all. Ask how many here that has posted if it was in good taste.
I'll just assume you're having a bad day.
Cheers :s0080:

Seems like someone missed their nap, and another someone's pants are wet...
.... I don't have any idea which is which. :s0153:... and, NO... I'm NOT gonna sniff one !

Last Edited:
How many of those hunters are also guys that say "nobody needs an assault weapon." - being a hunter does not automatically mean firearms/civil rights passionate patriot.

I am sure I weigh more than you
110514-F-II002-003.jpg

I couldn't help it...

You have to count people like myself. Kid plays AA hockey and takes up a lot of time. If you didn't know, hockey season goes from August to March. Practice 2-3x a week and 2 games every weekend, State competition and out of state tournaments. He would rather play hockey right now and I have to support him. Sports are a great life lesson as well. 14 years old and has 3 guns. 410 shotgun, 14.5" AR-15 and a Glock 19. He's been bugging me for 6.5. Creedmoor bolt gun. Sounds like he's wanting to get out and hunt. We go to the range 2-3x a month.

We do indeed have firearm owners who hunt....
Hunting is a useful , enjoyable and fulfilling activity as well.

With that said...
Being a good hunter , doesn't mean that one will make a good solider.
Speaking from my experience in combat , it takes more that just being able to shoot and have some outdoor skills to be effective in combat.

One thing that is crucial is the ability to aim and shoot at a fellow human being...often while being shot at .
Also something to consider is that a hunter can go home after his hunting trip...whole and in one piece.
The same cannot be said for combat....so a far different mindset is needed here.

To be fair....
Hunting and outdoor experiences can help with soldiering for sure.
I again know from my experiences while in the army and in combat...that my hunting and outdoor skills made a difference.
But...there was a whole Hell of a lot more involved as well.
Andy

Also something to consider is that a hunter can go home after his hunting trip...whole and in one piece.
Don't forget some hunters have not gone home 'whole and in one piece'.

While certainly not comparable to the military or combat a certain amount of vigilance and caution is required while hunting and it should not be taken lightly.

Take it from one who has had a couple 'close calls' while hunting....

Don't forget some hunters have not gone home 'whole and in one piece'.

While certainly not comparable to the military or combat a certain amount of vigilance and caution is required while hunting and it should not be taken lightly.

Take it from one who has had a couple 'close calls' while hunting....
Sorry for your close calls

I still say it ain't in the same league at all.
A hunter can leave the hunting fields anytime they want...not the same for a solider.
And combat will require a far different mindset than hunting...so my thoughts here remain unchanged.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads