JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Remington BP is legal, the rest are not to verying degrees, a couple of them are "restricted" and a couple are "prohibited"...all need proper paperwork. All the guys needed to do was say they had those firearms with them and they would have been sent back to the US side of the border with no problem.

For them to get in trouble they had to have lied and said they had no firearms with them. and yes, they are in big trouble right now...maybe they can get Harper to pardon them???? probably not.

I have a lot of relatives in Canada, including a sister. I like Canada, I just do not like their laws on firearms...Harper is promising to do something about them though...

People give the NRA and Reagan a lot of crap for FOPA because of the machine gun ban. Without FOPA's safe passage provision, those guys might have ended up behind bars long before getting to Canadia.

Why are there two semi-auto's but only one magazine in the picture? Was the other mag one of those high capacity assault clips that escaped to go on a killing spree?

I for one vote we annex a freeway with a few rest stops on our way from Washington to Alaska that is 100% American territory, so we American's don't have to deal with Canada's bull for traveling state to state, just a 1/4 mile wide strip would do just fine.

All the guys needed to do was say they had those firearms with them and they would have been sent back to the US side of the border with no problem.

For them to get in trouble they had to have lied and said they had no firearms with them. and yes, they are in big trouble right now...maybe they can get Harper to pardon them???? probably not.

Once you cross the border (walk into the Mountie shack) you're in Canada and subject to their laws, no "free pass" back to the states at that point. You're toast and they don't even have to show criminal intent.

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

This is a no brainer.
Don't spend your money or time on a country that bans it's people from owning firearms.
If my gun is not welcome there neither am I or my money. If you need to go to Alaska, there are ways to get there without setting a foot on Canadian soil.

Once you cross the border (walk into the Mountie shack) you're in Canada and subject to their laws, no "free pass" back to the states at that point. You're toast and they don't even have to show criminal intent.

Actually you misunderstand Canadian Law. If you go to the border and they ask "do you have any weapons", and you answer yes, they will ask to see them, then if they are prohibited in Canada, or you have no paperwork, they will cycle you back through the gate to the US side and tell you to take them home or store your weapons with a friend or FFL before you come back and try cross again. There is an FFL in Riverside, and another in Lyndon that do rather brisk business holding weapons for perple that did not know they cannot just take them to Alaska.

I know this for a fact, this is not hearsay. Where people get in trouble is when they say "no" at the border and then weapons are found.

simple fix to this issue was to
1) read up on guns laws to travel thru Canada
2) mail said firearms to themselves per the ATF info
3) don't take them to Canada

I was going to do the drive to Anchorage this summer so I checked into the laws and paperwork. The firearm that required the least amount of paperwork and fees was a pump 20ga shotgun. It could have a 20 inch barrel and I could carry slugs.

There is a shop up here in Port Angeles that will hold guns also.The guys at the ferry will give the name.

I'm guessing with a Texan drivers license,that RV was gunna get searched.

Yesterday 11:02 PM #26
phathom

I for one vote we annex a freeway with a few rest stops on our way from Washington to Alaska that is 100% American territory, so we American's don't have to deal with Canada's bull for traveling state to state, just a 1/4 mile wide strip would do just fine.

Funny,this was my first (well second after 'what a dumb...') thought.Why not buy some land and make a highway to get to our 49th state?

Some of you might know of the Bob Rivers morning radio show.
He always says if we occupied Canada,as long as they had their beer,pot and hockey,they would never know

One of my jobs at work is inspecting and receiving the new RV's and I hear the horror stories from the transporters who take units to Canada (Canadians buy A LOT of RVs from the US) anyway if a border guard sees someone has a CCP from the U.S. the fun begins for them. Lengthy interrogation, unreasonable, prying personal questions and if you hiccup they 'toss' the contents of the tow vehicle on the ground - and they do not help to pick everything up. Many transporters have stopped going to Canada.

One of my jobs at work is inspecting and receiving the new RV's and I hear the horror stories from the transporters who take units to Canada (Canadians buy A LOT of RVs from the US) anyway if a border guard sees someone has a CCP from the U.S. the fun begins for them. Lengthy interrogation, unreasonable, prying personal questions and if you hiccup they 'toss' the contents of the tow vehicle on the ground - and they do not help to pick everything up. Many transporters have stopped going to Canada.

I don't know if what you have heard is actually fact. I would think the Canadian Border patrol would do the same thing we do...everything like an RV goes through the xray machine. Bonded vehicles are not searched (just the paperwork) except on very specific occations (tip there is something coming) and new, for resale, RV's have to be bonded before it can cross.

The kind of statement you sounds more like comming back into the US, not going into Canada. The US will tear a vehicle apart (litterally) if they think there are any drugs or explosives on board.

Hmmm Handguns have not been permitted in Canada for years - everybody knows that - and if you are stupid enough to enter Canada with handguns then you deserve to be tossed in the slammer..

Seems to me that if you are entering another Country - especially Canada that they would have researched that - apparently these two dummies didn't bother.. "Well - life is tough - it's even tougher when your stupid !"

I have entered Canada from the north and south and each and every time I was treated poorly by a rude border guard. If I never return to Canada thats just fine. Ken

Interesting. I've never been treated less than courteously by Canadian agents when going into Canada. Half the time I get a snarly US agent on the way back to Washington. Canada is just fine as a vacation, skiing and backpacking place.

"If they use the Inland Passageway (actually Inside Passage) they probably are in Canadian waters and probably subject to Canadian laws"

If you don't get off the ferry in canada then you never leave the US. The ferry is considered US soil. What matters is the ferry's policy on guns.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top