Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Americans pack heat from Washington to B.C.,go to jail

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by mjbskwim, Jul 22, 2011.

1. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Hmmm,the Texan I can see,the Californian must have been from a state other than California originally

2. SheepDog223

SheepDog223 Salem Well-Known Member

That's about what I would expect for breaking the law. Look ahead before you take your guns. They're not welcome in some places. When I travel I check out the basics on potential CC restrictions, mag capacity restrictions, where I can and can't CC, so on and so on.

evltwn and (deleted member) like this.
  3. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

4. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

They get no sympathy from me. We complain about illegals coming to the USA and breaking our laws so we have no right to go to another country and break their laws.

5. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Ditto. One question I have though. Might they have been able to get permission in advance from the Canadian Govt to transport the guns thru Canada given their final destination was Alaska, or is that even a possibility? Just curious if there is even an option for that.

6. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Why the h3ll would anyone want to go to Canada anyway?

7. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

They were on their way to Alaska.
    Me, I haven't been since the dollar weakened. But I like Vancouver--great food.

8. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I used to travel to Canada on business frequently back in the 80's. I would always buy a new suit or jacket when I went up there as with the exchange rate at that time $1.00 U.S. was buying about $1.40 Canadian.

9. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

About the only good reason!

10. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Vancouver Island is one of my favorite summer vacation destinies.

11. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

I believe this is possible, but must be done in advance. I forget exactly what red tape you have to go through.

12. joken

joken Corvallis Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have entered Canada from the north and south and each and every time I was treated poorly by a rude border guard. If I never return to Canada thats just fine. Ken

13. bearingman

bearingman Tualatin Member

Used to live in SE Alaska in the 60's & 70's. to go anywhere you went through Canada either North or South. When we had our handguns, they would put a string through the barrel and crimp on a lead seal. If the string & seal were intact when you got to the other border you were ok. Long guns were ok at that time, but I got a warning for shooting rabbits on the wrong side of the road.( game preserve on one side, ok on the other)

14. PBinWA

Huge hassle for handguns. Long guns are less of a hassle.

If you need to take guns from WA to AK - use the ferry:

FerryTravel.com - Book Bellingham ferries to Alaska, Victoria & to Friday Harbor easily quickly & securely online.

15. olydemon

olydemon Olympia Active Member

Ive always had the opposite experience. Into Canada never a problem. Return to USA, usually treated poorly..

16. macruls

macruls Snohomish Member

From my experiences in crossing the US-Canada border so many times, my opinion is that Canadian Border Services team are more focus on things that are being smuggled into Canada, with the intent of avoiding to pay required taxes/duties. Whereas, US are more on Security.

Here's the link that provides details on how you can bring firearms into Canada and what are allowed. I can't even bring my pistol into BC because it has 4" barrel and considered Prohibited!

Firearm Users Visiting Canada

17. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Phhhpptt.... that's not an arsenal, I carry almost half of that shown in the photo in my lunch box on a daily basis alone!! :bluelaugh: ;)

iusmc2002, simpleguy, phathom and 5 others like this.
  18. noyolk

noyolk pdx Member

Last time I crossed to I was asked specifically about guns. "Do you have any weapons in the vehicle?" NO "Do you have any guns at home?" Yes "How many?" Couple of dozen, Why did you need? "Have a nice stay in BC, Please pull forward"

I hate going to Canada and avoid it at all cost.

phathom and (deleted member) like this.
  19. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

20. PBinWA

I was wondering about that. Certainly something to ask about in advance. Might be a gray area if you don't do a port call in Canada.

Kind of like how all the US submarines go up the inland passageway without telling Canada. ;)