JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Having read the book, I'm wondering how near the movie might be to what Mr Kyle actually wrote. I've got most every sniper book/movie of the genre that has come out in recent years, but I notice that so far we haven't had the pleasure of seeing Gunny Hathcock portrayed in a movie.

THAT would be worth watching, too, of that there is no doubt.

tac

Honestly, i think the reason they haven't made a movie about Gunny Hathcock is they have no actors who can be the very humble, unassuming MAN that this Marine was. He was a REAL grassroots type man, very humble, unassuming type guy. He did his job, and did it very well.

For goodness sake, if they ever DID find a candidate for the much-loved and respected Gunny Hathcock, please let it NOT be Mr Cruise.

Right now, I'm thinking that Mark Wahlburg might be good - same kind of build, at least.

tac

Last Edited:
The problem with a movie portraying Hathcock's exploits would probably be rather boring.
He would take up to three days to get into position for a shot.
How would that play out on the big screen.

Its always hard to say how a Hollywood movie will be when its based on something real. they tend to like to take liberties.

It is a production of Clint Eastwood's own MALPASO company. MALPASO is hardly your typical Hollywood production company. Eastwood pretty much has full control over the movie, which is rare these days in Hollywood.

MALPASO'S recent non-fiction based movies Jersey Boys, Trouble with the Curve, J. Edgar, and Flags of our Fathers were all very realistic, and did not seem at all to take liberties with the story.

I would trust Eastwood far more than most Hollywood producers to make this movie true to life and realistic.

A friend of mine played a part as a Chinese coolie in the movie Paint Your Wagon with Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin.
He played poker with both of them and pretty much lost all of his pay check week after week during production in Eastern Oregon.
He said that it was one of the best times he ever had as a young man.

Chris wasn't the only one who was killed at the C.C. Ranch.
These were built by us,With Steven's and Taya's permission.
Craft still runs top notch training course's.
http://www.thecraft.com/

#1 was bought by the Gov. Rick Perry. sheet 053.JPG sheet 055.JPG
sheet 050.JPG sheet 051.JPG

I was looking forward to seeing this movie this weekend, but can't find showtimes.

Apparently the Christmas Day release date is just a limited one.

I wonder when the full, wide release will be.

For goodness sake, if they ever DID find a candidate for the much-loved and respected Gunny Hathcock, please let it NOT be Mr Cruise.

Right now, I'm thinking that Mark Wahlburg might be good - same kind of build, at least.

tac

Tom Sellec
But he is getting up there in years.

The problem with a movie portraying Hathcock's exploits would probably be rather boring.
He would take up to three days to get into position for a shot.
How would that play out on the big screen.

That and more can be commonplace for the job. Just don't get itches............:)

There's a very good biography written about Carlos Hathcock called White Feather.
To me, it's better then any movie that could be made because you have Hathcock's own personal reflections and opinions as told to the author.
Another book that I consider as a must read about the war in Nam is called "Chicken Hawk" an autobiography by Robert Mason and his stories as one of the top helicopter pilots during the war is second to none.

This alone should make you want to watch it and/or read his book...

All the time I have people that get in touch with me. ... One of them gave one of his medals to me and said that he was alive because of Chris and that he now has a 2-year-old daughter and he wouldn't have had that had Chris not been on over watch. And to me that's a really beautiful thing. -Taya Kyle

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top