JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Having read the book, I'm wondering how near the movie might be to what Mr Kyle actually wrote. I've got most every sniper book/movie of the genre that has come out in recent years, but I notice that so far we haven't had the pleasure of seeing Gunny Hathcock portrayed in a movie.

THAT would be worth watching, too, of that there is no doubt.

tac

Its always hard to say how a Hollywood movie will be when its based on something real. they tend to like to take liberties.
Yeah, but Eastwood's already proven himself with "based-on-true-stories" war epics, ala Flags of our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima.
This movie seems to have a similar look/feel.
I'm sure it'll be very good....I may be spending my Christmas in a movie house, this year! ;)

Dean

I was listening to NPR yesterday, and they had this exact interview on air. I think it'll be pretty close, as Clint and Cooper took care to be very accurate to who Chris Kyle was and his story. His widow was saying how all his friends who saw the screening said it was eerie how Cooper was able to mimic his character and little fidgets and such.

Listen to the entire interview below:

http://www.npr.org/2014/12/21/37189...ican-sniper-widow-team-up-to-tell-seals-story

Takes nothing away from his record, IMO. The man was clearly something else that we don't see every day. I never met with him, but I sure would have liked to have done so.

Never having been where Mr Kyle and his like go, or walked in their shoes, I'm not one to criticatise, me. I used to teach snipers to do certain things to add to their tradecraft, back when I used to do that kind of thing, and have worked with people who had them in the team over in Northern Ireland, but I've never been a sniper.

Many people I knew had a yen to become one, but either got canned on the way in, or were never in the running except in their heads.

Props to them all, the tryers and the doers. I have a bumper sticker, which I don't have on a bumber, on account I don't have vehicle that would do it justice.

It reads 'G*d bless our troops, especially our snipers'.

tac in lower case

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top