JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My friend, an ex PDX FD Captain told us the majority of suicides are NOT commited with a firearm. Self-Hanging is one of the preferable methods.

Confiscate ropes...protect the disturbed.

That's why I think these gun confiscation laws are a bunch of BS. They claim it's about saving lives, but do nothing to improve the actual mental healthcare system. I've known several people that committed suicide and only one use a gun - the rest used methods such as ropes, carbon monoxide and pills. I don't buy for a second that the people that push for these laws actually care about saving lives - if they did, they would push for a ban on all tobacco products. Per the CDC, tobacco kills more than 10 times the number of folks that die from suicide each year. It's just more control - that's all they really want. If people have guns, they can only get away with so much in power.

If someone is such a danger to self/others that they can't be trusted to be responsible with a gun, they need to be under inpatient psychiatric care and 24/7 observation, plain and simple.

Of course the Left will never admit this but they kind of agree... they see us ALL as a danger to them, and are trying to turn the world into a free-range asylum where they're the only ones not confined but they're the only ones who know it. After all, the most valuable slave is the one who willingly forges his own chains...

Just FYI, shoe laces and plastic wrap are a risk on a psych floor, and we won't even discuss the dangers of aluminum foil. As a psych nurse, you would not believe just how many dangerous things there are in items I would leave around my house.

I had to explain to a psychiatrist that you can't just amazon or ebay a firearm to be sent to your home yesterday. I was trying to explain also that gun shows still require a background check. I had to pull up the actual laws to convince him.

Just FYI, shoe laces and plastic wrap are a risk on a psych floor, and we won't even discuss the dangers of aluminum foil. As a psych nurse, you would not believe just how many dangerous things there are in items I would leave around my house.

I had to explain to a psychiatrist that you can't just amazon or ebay a firearm to be sent to your home yesterday. I was trying to explain also that gun shows still require a background check. I had to pull up the actual laws to convince him.
Good thing they don't know about EPL's then... :)

Actually when EBay was just starting you could just that. After all that is where I found on of my trapdoor rifles.

Good thing they don't know about EPL's then... :)
EPL? I am assuming something polymer lower? I did mention that it was legal to manufacture a gun for personal use, and the response was: "I am not worried about that, at all."

The laws are not such where that would be legal at this point. Mail ordering firearms without a BGC is not a real option in Oregon except for muzzle loaders and 80% lowers and such. (I thought it was banned by the gun control act of 1968)

Last Edited:
EPL? I am assuming something polymer lower? I did mention that it was legal to manufacture a gun for personal use, and the response was: "I am not worried about that, at all."
I was thinking *any* 80% (EPL = Eighty Percent Lower) regardless of material, but polys have a much lower difficulty threshold--a cordless drill, a set of jigs and the blueprints.

Sometimes the crazies are the most determined... it actually costs more in time and money to buy all the tools and work an 80% than to just buy a finished lower. Mind you, I'm saying this as not just an EPL fan but also a believer that everyone not mentally or morally unsuitable should machine a 7075-T6 milspec blank to completion in senior Shop class... then go from graduation straight to Basic, assemble it into a complete milspec (well, semi-only) M4/M16 and qualify with it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top