JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No it's most likely an individual postal employee, but with the militarization of the current DOJ against anyone who doesn't tow the leftist line; we have to think that it could be anything...
The postal service is so understaffed these days, it's hard to believe they'd even have people available to do this. We seem to have lost Saturday delivery in my area. My sis in law in Spokane gets her mail delivery 3 to 5 days a week, that's it, they don't have the people.

I've had several opened and empty boxes delivered recently as well. Basically from all the big 3. I just find it funny that an obviously empty box, missing half of the sides still gets delivered just because it has a label on it.
They are required to. They aren't allowed to just throw it away and pretend nothing happened. They used to have rubber stamp endorsements for such situations, like, "Received Without Contents." For the same reason I mentioned above, they may not be doing t his anymore.

If you suspect theft, especially since it involves serial incidents, it should be reported if it involves USPS. The Inspection Service looks for patterns, they can track down internal thieves this way. Sometimes.

Internal theft, I don't know how UPS, Fedex and others handle that. I will guess that maybe as employees have become harder to sign on, they may be taking on some with issues. It would be interesting to know if they've experienced an increase in internal theft since the Covid labor shortage.

The army has recruiting problems. They have lowered the bar on waivers for dummies and law-breakers. Maybe this has been done with other firms who are having troubles hiring.

The postal service is so understaffed these days, it's hard to believe they'd even have people available to do this. We seem to have lost Saturday delivery in my area. My sis in law in Spokane gets her mail delivery 3 to 5 days a week, that's it, they don't have the people.

They are required to. They aren't allowed to just throw it away and pretend nothing happened. They used to have rubber stamp endorsements for such situations, like, "Received Without Contents." For the same reason I mentioned above, they may not be doing t his anymore.

If you suspect theft, especially since it involves serial incidents, it should be reported if it involves USPS. The Inspection Service looks for patterns, they can track down internal thieves this way. Sometimes.

Internal theft, I don't know how UPS, Fedex and others handle that. I will guess that maybe as employees have become harder to sign on, they may be taking on some with issues. It would be interesting to know if they've experienced an increase in internal theft since the Covid labor shortage.

The army has recruiting problems. They have lowered the bar on waivers for dummies and law-breakers. Maybe this has been done with other firms who are having troubles hiring.
I never suspected theft, just negligence. I do find it funny that the driver marked them all as delivered as normal. My security video even showed a trainee delivering the partial box, actually just a flap from the original box twice. He came to the door, had some remorse, went back to the truck where the trainer had him "deliver" the flap.

The brainlessness has a flip side, too. Example: A quilt that my wife ordered was delivered in large box with a single "air pocket" to cushion it. (Is there a company rule like, "Need it or not, no merchandise ships without some cushioning material"?)

Can't argue with success; the quilt did not suffer any breakage during shipment.

Took a large heavy box to the UPS store Friday to ship. I watched the clerk pull it off the counter and drop it on top of another box crushing it. They don't care, just move it on is all that matters.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top