JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just arrived today

No damage, but……

DD003A20-4567-44E3-A6DC-8DC29F35A4BA.jpeg DF019DBD-0188-4813-9BB8-F39E4FD79EC8.jpeg

Bill Maher did a skit about this a while ago that was funny. We have Amazon here daily and some of the times the "packaging" is amazing. Last winter we had a cold snap. Got to looking at the icemelt and decided should get a little more to be safe. Of course store's were wiped out. Amazon had it in 5 gal buckets so ordered one. Day later here comes mail guy, angry look on his face. Asked me to come look at package before he gets it out of his truck in case I want to reject it. He says whatever is in there is so heavy its badly damaged the box. It was the 5 gal bucket of icemelt. Instead of just slapping a label on the damn bucket, some robot there had packed it in a HUGE box with a bunch of those air pillows.Surprised it had not broken out of the box completely before it got here but it was of course fine. Couple days ago a couple windshield wipers in this HUGE box with a ton of those air pillow things in there. :s0140:

I know they are trying to switch over to robots, but most are still packed by humans that tend to grab whatever box they lay hands on first. A lot of retired RV friends of mine do seasonal amazon warehouse work (Chistmas and such). Amazon puts out a great spread, full RV hookups, facilities, activities and it turns into quite a mass gathering.

Not long ago someone was talking about the potential loss of their yearly part time wallet infusions, but they didn't seem too concerned just yet. Supposedly some recent test by Amazon showed human labor can box 300-400 items per hour and robots were only able to do 100. Although, most places, robots do most of the item picks and deliver them for boxing to the meat sacks.

Many of them appeciate that. Being in more advanced years, working an amazon warehouse seasonal job is good money, but they would walk miles upon miles every shift picking items before the machines took over. Not for the faint hearted snowbirds.

Your think the drunk robot is funny wait until they thing they can replace Dump trucks with autonomous ones. Wait until they try dumping a load with a roof overhang or a few power wires.

I know they are trying to switch over to robots, but most are still packed by humans that tend to grab whatever box they lay hands on first. A lot of retired RV friends of mine do seasonal amazon warehouse work (Chistmas and such). Amazon puts out a great spread, full RV hookups, facilities, activities and it turns into quite a mass gathering.

Not long ago someone was talking about the potential loss of their yearly part time wallet infusions, but they didn't seem too concerned just yet. Supposedly some recent test by Amazon showed human labor can box 300-400 items per hour and robots were only able to do 100. Although, most places, robots do most of the item picks and deliver them for boxing to the meat sacks.

Many of them appeciate that. Being in more advanced years, working an amazon warehouse seasonal job is good money, but they would walk miles upon miles every shift picking items before the machines took over. Not for the faint hearted snowbirds.
When I say robots its as a joke, meaning humans who are told "pack this up" and do stuff like this. A machine would know better. :s0140:

At least robots are honest, I had a USPS postal employee or the USPS itself open up one of my packages today and then still deliver it to me as if I wasn't going to notice! Once again welcome to the new Nazi Germany, they're not gonna stop until they know who all of us are so they can crush us all...

the USPS itself open up one of my packages today and then still deliver it to me as if I wasn't going to notice!
What possible reason would the USPS as an institution have for opening it?? Do you think the USPS is in league with another government agency to spy on you?

Amazon packaging, sometimes it can be okay. Mostly, it's done poorly. Like small objects swimming around in large boxes with little to no dunnage material for cushioning. Mrs. Merkt ordered some salad dressing. The 12 bottles were placed together in a plastic bag, then in a cardboard box. They were doomed before the box was sealed. When the replacements came, the bottles were properly packed in an inner box with dividers between each bottle. Which they could've done from the beginning.

What possible reason would the USPS as an institution have for opening it?? Do you think the USPS is in league with another government agency to spy on you?
No it's most likely an individual postal employee, but with the militarization of the current DOJ against anyone who doesn't tow the leftist line; we have to think that it could be anything...

I've had several opened and empty boxes delivered recently as well. Basically from all the big 3. I just find it funny that an obviously empty box, missing half of the sides still gets delivered just because it has a label on it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top