JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What are you guys afraid of when you're asleep?

Always woke us up with "cymbals" AKA trash can lids, clanked together, at Zero Dark Thirty, he wanted us Wide Awake, to enjoy the Bugler!!!

If we were not out of bed by the third "Tink" of his precious Cymbals, it discouraged him, and

Nobody Liked it When he Was Discouraged....

(Nightmares from Elm Street, Basic Training variation...)

philip

Sometimes, in the dead of night, I can still hear him Tip Toe in the Barracks... That is scarier than ~Some~ VietNam Nightmares....)

Ok I get it. I say you fabricated a story, you get really pissed. Steve calls you ignorant, no probelamo. Confusing to me but hey I got to interact with a kind tactful decent man like you so its all good.

I chose to ignore the ignorant or posting on a forum my guns serial number as I let you
Get to me against my better judgment. Anyone that chooses to claim to be about privacy and then comment that way is not worth more of my time. Someone looks at the forum and decided that's a great idea and there is a serial number would have a hard time once the gun was produced and the receipt from the store it was bought from by me new. Then I am
Sure they would be curious why Steve is keeping track of people's serial numbers if say my gun was stolen. It was not bright and in the end however that ruffled my feathers his comment had much more possible reprocussions than yours did
Simply getting under my skin. It is against every point people make
About privacy and I will not interact with that behavior other than to copy it and keep it on hand. You may have ticked me off but in the end your argument was right. I just
Believe that telling folks that are confused about the law politely what it really is or suggesting they look it up. Gets a lot further when others read this as many people do think there is a registry and that was found by looking it up and finding tons of forums with people saying as I did and being politely corrected or told to look into it further which is what I would do as
I believe reading the staten laws much more than some guy i do not know. I have directed many people to acctual links as that ends any sort of possible argument on the spot and
Allows them to further know their rights properly. I happen to find that route much
More appropriate and helpful than the attack and name calling route. But whatever works for you pal. Good luck to you and I suggest you look further as well as I did because if you buy new there are more records than you might believe directing that serial number to you
Even if you do not call it a registry. People that only buy used privately make me wonder why they are so concerned. Only thing I can come up with is they cannot go into a dealer because of past legal issues. Yes I am on the phone so I apologize for the lack in perfect typing that gets you going.either way we are done. I did learn something new and also confirmed how
Many folks out there spout off about things they are not fully educated on. Good luck again to you little buddy.

Served in the military - prints are on file
Got a CPL in WA - prints are on file
Got CHL's in OR - prints are on file in 3 counties
Bought some guns in a store - prints are on file

I feel like I'm being treated like a criminal when I go get a CHL or buy a gun.

Everyone knows that murderers reload brass they pick up from public shooting areas and use that to commit their crimes. Another reason to police your brass!

Thieves just steal your guns and ammo.

As said if based on fact I find I am wrong then I do not have a problem saying so. A Clackamas county deputy takes my gun at the gun broker in the middle of the shop when I try to trade it in. Then a few weeks/maybe longer later I get a call saying that a rental insurance company had paid the person who reported it stolen and now being that the insurance company owned the gun and did not want the gun so he had the right to destroy it or allow me to fill out background info which was sent to me via mail. Once cleared he told me that I was now the "registered owner" of the firearm and he had done so since it was clear I had done nothing wrong. Clearly he had a need to feel powerful and I was ignorant enough to assume he knew and was being honest about the law. Which is why calling something I say fabricated will get me to pretty much not hear you out as there is no reason to be dishonest to sound cool or whatever your reasons are. Clearly I would have got the gun back had he been nice or a dick. I dealt with it and was thankful to get my gun back so bought whatever he was saying about it it right or wrong. Steve makes it clear it was wrong...You have made it clear but seem to want to make sure not only are you right but the other person is pissed and you insult along with your argument. I do not care to hear out someone that behaves that way right or wrong. You happen to be right on this issue but from your interaction I gather that right or wrong you kinda get off on arguing and using your keyboard to get someone going...Feedback, spelling, lying, all things that any decent man will be pissed off by when you have no clue as to what you are talking about when it comes to those issues. You happened to be correct in this but right or wrong in a real debate in the real world your way of speaking would not get you far in a business setting as you can make a point and get someone to understand minus trying to "ruffle feathers" which is your intent I am guessing more often than not. We are done and your point is made. I was under a different impression due to my dealings with a stolen gun and the fact that when they call in a background check they not only say your name and info but the guns serial number, make, model as well to the Sheriffs office. Be proud of your public service as it was done with much tact and your attitude is clearly a good kind person who wants to educate people on firearm laws.

I wasn't aware that deputies had FFL's

Speeding.. I got pulled over speeding on a yamaha R1... I HAD JUST GOT IT AND GOT A LITTLE CARRIED AWAY WITH BIKE AND PINNED IT.. GOT CLOCKED AT 142MPH.. COST ME LOTS OF FINES THAT AM STILL PAYING AND A NIGHT IN JAIL

Justice served?
Another idiot off the road, however temporarily.
Giving other bikers a bad name.

I chose to ignore the ignorant or posting on a forum my guns serial number as I let you
Get to me against my better judgment. Anyone that chooses to claim to be about privacy and then comment that way is not worth more of my time. Someone looks at the forum and decided that's a great idea and there is a serial number would have a hard time once the gun was produced and the receipt from the store it was bought from by me new. Then I am
Sure they would be curious why Steve is keeping track of people's serial numbers if say my gun was stolen. It was not bright and in the end however that ruffled my feathers his comment had much more possible reprocussions than yours did
Simply getting under my skin. It is against every point people make
About privacy and I will not interact with that behavior other than to copy it and keep it on hand. You may have ticked me off but in the end your argument was right. I just
Believe that telling folks that are confused about the law politely what it really is or suggesting they look it up. Gets a lot further when others read this as many people do think there is a registry and that was found by looking it up and finding tons of forums with people saying as I did and being politely corrected or told to look into it further which is what I would do as
I believe reading the staten laws much more than some guy i do not know. I have directed many people to acctual links as that ends any sort of possible argument on the spot and
Allows them to further know their rights properly. I happen to find that route much
More appropriate and helpful than the attack and name calling route. But whatever works for you pal. Good luck to you and I suggest you look further as well as I did because if you buy new there are more records than you might believe directing that serial number to you
Even if you do not call it a registry. People that only buy used privately make me wonder why they are so concerned. Only thing I can come up with is they cannot go into a dealer because of past legal issues. Yes I am on the phone so I apologize for the lack in perfect typing that gets you going.either way we are done. I did learn something new and also confirmed how
Many folks out there spout off about things they are not fully educated on. Good luck again to you little buddy.

Thanks for responding again after saying you were done with me three times made me grin. I will assist you in your request and give you some helpful info for the future with out ruffling your feathers. Go buy this book. Understanding Oregon gun laws, A guide to gun ownership in plain English by Kevin Starrett. Read the book frequently do not rely on your buddy at the gun shop don't rely on the nice guy with a badge rely on and inform yourself.

Thanks for responding again after saying you were done with me three times made me grin. I will assist you in your request and give you some helpful info for the future with out ruffling your feathers. Go buy this book. Understanding Oregon gun laws, A guide to gun ownership in plain English by Kevin Starrett. Read the book frequently do not rely on your buddy at the gun shop don't rely on the nice guy with a badge rely on and inform yourself.

A helpful piece of advice as I do prefer to know for myself not listen to peoples opinions. I knew you had it in you to provide solid and helpful info as the book is included in the state of Oregon law library titles i would find that title to be a useful resource. As 2nd amendment attorneys read it I will take that advice.

Intention/40Calruler, you guys going to kiss & make up, or what??? The intensity of the discourse is fully underwhelming.

My gosh. Get on with life!!!!!

He said, "she Said", She said "He said" He said, "she Said", She said "He said" He said, "she Said", She said "He said" He said, "she Said", She said "He said" He said, "she Said", She said "He said"

Alright Already!!!! I quit You Quitting because You quit before I was quiting, and besides my phone does not understand what I am trying to type, Besides.... :(

philip

Quite a well reviewed book although more cash than I have dropped on a book since college text books it seems very enlightening. With a busted knee cap, torn ligaments and not much to do besides physical therapy read, watch movies I enjoy anything that is actually a good read and extremely educational. I suggest that however the books name came out or people whining over a little dispute people pick it up if they have not read it. There is good reason 2nd amendment attorneys own this book. Do not cry about the 70 dollar price tag just pick it up. Everyone should hear this guy out if you want to really know what your rights are when some foolish cop tries to tell you nonsense out of ignorance or to make themselves feel like a big shot.

Philip, I love you

Moving on the guy going 142 should have nothing more than a bus pass. Try being a fireman or paramedic and seeing up close and personal what happens when people drive like an idiot like that. Take it to the track so you just kill yourself if you are willing to risk your life. Every time I see an accident caused by a fool doing something of that nature and someone loses their loved one it seems the idiot lives and the innocent person with a family that was doing nothing wrong loses their life. My bike could do that speed...It will never come close though because I consider people around me and do not allow my actions to have the possibility to own others. Maybe you should stay away from guns for good unless you truly have learned something...does not sound like it though. There are plenty of ways to get thrills with your bike, car, gun, and not endanger people who are just being decent folks. Look at a photo of a biker with their body through the windshield of a car and a family that was inside enjoying their day...look hard at it pal because what that does is not something you want to live through and have on your continence.

It was the price at Amazon, Understanding Oregon's Gun Laws: A Guide to Ownership in Plain English: Kevin Starrett: 9780977493920: Amazon.com: Books
I have a friend who is an attorney and let me borrow the latest version but I only looked at the amazon link prior to talking to him. Did not do much more looking into pricing as I told him I was going to pick it up/order it and he just stopped by on his way home with it. Are you sure the one they sell there is the latest version. My friend said that there was a 2006, 2008, and 2010 so price would vary a lot depending on which one they are selling.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top