JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi Gang. I am curious to tap into the group's experiences here. For the last several years I have been exclusively using Berry's plated bullets- .45acp 230gr .452 dia fmj - for my reloading. Curious if anyone has had success with other brands of bullets? I am only reloading for my range ammo. I buy all my specialty ammo. Thanks in advance for your input.

i have been happy buying bullets from evergladesammo.com they are out of Florida.
as with most things the higher quantity bought the better deal.

I have been shooting the Berry's 125 grain in my .38 Special. They have been fine. I just picked up a Sig P220 .45 ACP. So I am going to start loading for it. I see pricing is about 12 cents each when purchased in 500 round boxes. I will start out with Berry's.

I'm finishing up a 500 box of Zero JHP 230gr 451 from a sale PV had a while back and found them plenty uniform with consistent diameter and consistent weight, albeit I've only used them for paper punching, mainly 50 yards and under. I pushed a lot of .452 lead in 45 long colt from laser cast but prefer jacketed for ACP so cant speak for Zero cast bullets.
As an aside; I didn't buy them for the JHP but jacketed and for the great sale price.
But any fodder that keeps me shooting, is good fodder....:)

I loaded up a box of Sierra Tournament Masters a while ago and am looking forward to testing them in my "new" P220. I want to develop a trend first with my practice rounds. In the past I have had lead round nose produce fine groups out of 1911's.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top