JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi Gang. I am curious to tap into the group's experiences here. For the last several years I have been exclusively using Berry's plated bullets- .45acp 230gr .452 dia fmj - for my reloading. Curious if anyone has had success with other brands of bullets? I am only reloading for my range ammo. I buy all my specialty ammo. Thanks in advance for your input.

Eggleston Bullets.

Or get over to Surplusammo.com they have great prices on bulk jacketed bullets. I've been buying these as they are currently less expensive then any plated right now.

Hi Gang. I am curious to tap into the group's experiences here. For the last several years I have been exclusively using Berry's plated bullets- .45acp 230gr .452 dia fmj - for my reloading. Curious if anyone has had success with other brands of bullets? I am only reloading for my range ammo. I buy all my specialty ammo. Thanks in advance for your input.
I haven't really had an issue with any of the plated or jacketed bullets I have bought over the years. Rainier, xtreme, hsm, berry's...I just buy what's on sale for practice shooting/plinking and they all have shot pretty well with a tweak here or there.

The most acccurate bullet ever fired out of my 1911 was a Laser Cast 200 gr SWC with 4.0 gr of Bullseye however I have been using HSM mostly now due to local availability.
Up side is my most accurate .357 rounds have been with 158 gr Plated SWC HSMs ahead of 7 grains of Unique.

Before I discovered coated lead I found precision delta to be priced far better than berry's especially since they are actually jacketed bullets as opposed to plated. But I would look into coated cast like bayou they typically have 100 rd sample packs pretty reasonably priced. I have had great luck with their bullets as well as my own cast/coated bullets through glocks,1911s,s&w revolvers, and even a ar9.

.45 ACP 230 Gr. RN - 100 Ct.

If you don't know what HSM is, you might as well take up sewing or golf.

High Speed Modem :D

1541965318779881468470.jpg

:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR