JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi Gang. I am curious to tap into the group's experiences here. For the last several years I have been exclusively using Berry's plated bullets- .45acp 230gr .452 dia fmj - for my reloading. Curious if anyone has had success with other brands of bullets? I am only reloading for my range ammo. I buy all my specialty ammo. Thanks in advance for your input.

i have been happy buying bullets from evergladesammo.com they are out of Florida.
as with most things the higher quantity bought the better deal.

I have been shooting the Berry's 125 grain in my .38 Special. They have been fine. I just picked up a Sig P220 .45 ACP. So I am going to start loading for it. I see pricing is about 12 cents each when purchased in 500 round boxes. I will start out with Berry's.

I'm finishing up a 500 box of Zero JHP 230gr 451 from a sale PV had a while back and found them plenty uniform with consistent diameter and consistent weight, albeit I've only used them for paper punching, mainly 50 yards and under. I pushed a lot of .452 lead in 45 long colt from laser cast but prefer jacketed for ACP so cant speak for Zero cast bullets.
As an aside; I didn't buy them for the JHP but jacketed and for the great sale price.
But any fodder that keeps me shooting, is good fodder....:)

I loaded up a box of Sierra Tournament Masters a while ago and am looking forward to testing them in my "new" P220. I want to develop a trend first with my practice rounds. In the past I have had lead round nose produce fine groups out of 1911's.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top