JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's pictures of how the present stock attaches, should it help with narrowing down:

PadreAK1.jpg

PadreAK2.jpg

Standard stamped single top tang, you're pretty wide open, just decide whether to cut the tang or not, plenty of options both ways.
Looks like a standard AKM rear trunion. Anything labeled AKM should attach to it.

Good deal; thanks guy. With that in mind: any recommendation on collapsing stocks that would fit? Thanks much. :)

Good deal; thanks guy. With that in mind: any recommendation on collapsing stocks that would fit? Thanks much. :)
Easiest and readily available, magpul Zhukov.
1615172790223.png
Bone steel arms is nice and mounts easily. They make triangle stocks and AKM to AR buffer tube folding stocks.

Easiest and readily available, magpul Zhukov.
View attachment 839461
Bone steel arms is nice and mounts easily. They make triangle stocks and AKM to AR buffer tube folding stocks.

Thank you very much. Just to confirm:

• This just mounts on the AK without gunsmithing. Yes?
  • This collapses like an AR stock? (That was my father's request when I asked him "side folder, under-folder, or collapsing?")
Thanks. :)

• This collapses like an AR stock? (That was my father's request when I asked him "side folder, under-folder, or collapsing?")

No gunsmithing required
It extended and retracts, but not on a buffer tube like an AR, you are stuck with that stock.

The magpul bolts on with a screwdriver. It is user adjustable for length of pull. It unfortunately folds to the right side of the gun.

BoneSteel makes both a folding stock, non adjustable. That you can pick which side it will fold to. And, an adapter that bolts to that trunion that has a folding AR15 buffer tube attached to it. So you can pick the AR15 stock of your choice to put on it. That will adjust. They sell both left and right handed folding versions of this adapter.

Here's pictures of how the present stock attaches, should it help with narrowing down:

If you want to keep the tang, which is the easiest solution, you can use a Krebs adapter, but it gives you some additional length to the adapter. It does allow a LOT of different options, including putting a side folder solid stock on it:

Rifle Dynamics also has a version that's pretty slick, although it mounts the stock a little higher and only works with AR style buttstocks:

If it has a siderail and its gonna get used, right side folding stocks are the best option. Unless you feel like utilizing the side rail's ability to return to zero, and have something to carry an optic in while stock is folded.

I am not sure how hard the existing buttstock will be to take off. I wrapped my stock with several layers of towels and put some painters tape on to secure the towels. I put my AK in my bench vise and tightened my vise enough to secure my AK. I used a rubber mallet to drive my original buttstock out. Take your time and it took me about 20 minutes to drive my stock out.

You can probably find YouTube videos if you have never driven your buttstock out before.

Last Edited:
Depends on the stock and folding mechanism (and the optic mount). The Ace folder clears pretty well.

Bonesteel also offers an extended LH folding mechanism for this purpose, but the reality is they only clear the AK side rail and do not fold well enough to classify as folded with a receiver mounted optic. I agree with @Boboclown, if you intend to make use of the side rail then you want a RH folder. I intentional got my SLR-107 without the side rail because I want to make full use of the folder, otherwise why have it?

I don't like the right folders since they cover up the safety and make it a little harder to quickly rack the bolt.

I hear this argument all the time and think it is goofy as I can't conceive of a reason to have the stock folded while racking the bolt or needing to manipulate the safety. IMO the folding stock is for storage and transportation convenience, as soon as it comes out it gets unfolded and stays that way as if it were a fixed stock. Just can't see gettin' down or even walking around slug with a folded stock. YMMV

Depends on the stock and folding mechanism (and the optic mount). The Ace folder clears pretty well. I don't like the right folders since they cover up the safety and make it a little harder to quickly rack the bolt.
Stocks clear the rail not the optic mount. Russian doctrine is just to remove sight when stock is folded. The side rail allows optics to return to zero, thnk of it as the OG QD optic mount.

I am not sure how hard the existing buttstock will be to take off. I wrapped my stock with several layers of towels and put some painters tape on to secure the towels. I put my AK in my bench vise and tightened my vise enough to secure my AK. I used a rubber mallet to drive my original buttstock out. Take your time and it took me about 20 minutes to drive my stock out.

You can probably find YouTube videos if you have never driven your buttstock out before.
Tap the heel of the stock. It'll come out easier.

Your stock should go in tight.