JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, my father has an AKM-47 in 7.62x39㎜ Soviet, made by Krebs. He asked me for recommendations on a few parts. This is well out of my wheelhouse, so I thought I'd ask you fine friends.

1. Adjustable, telescoping stock to replace the fixed one.
  2. A red dot sight.
  3. Some means of mounting the aforementioned sight.
Recommendation? Thanks. :)

Strike industries makes an AK to AR conversion tube mount.
Have one on a PSA ak I picked up. Seems solid. Tapco makes one as well.
Midwest industries sells a railed gastube for mounting red dot. I have one or two.
Same company makes forends in railed, mlok, keymod(probably discontinued)
I have an mlok midwest industries forend on a Draco with a trs25 red dot on it. Cheap, simple, and I won't cry if it breaks. Other options exist. I have no hands on knowledge of them.

For mounting optics I would look at either Ultimak if you're wanting something mounted forward or RS Regulate if you plan on mounting to the side-plate.

I can't really help with the collapsing stock since I've never bothered using one on an AK.

^^This for the optic. I'd use an Aimpoint Micro.

I like folding stocks, IMO it is one of the many strengths of an AK:
Bonesteel for the stock, warning it will require patience...
https://www.bonesteelarms.com/Collapsible-M4-Style-Folding-Stock-FS-M4.htm

Ace would be my 2nd choice.
https://doublestarusa.com/parts-accessories/ace/folding-mechanisms.html

and there is always Zenitco...
https://ivantactical.com/shop/weapo...enitco-pt-1-ak-telescopic-foldable-buttstock/

If you don't care about folding there is:
https://www.vltor.com/shop/ak/stock-systems-ak/re-47-ak47/
and
https://rifledynamics.com/ak-to-m4-stock-adapter/

Last Edited:
So, my father has an AKM-47 in 7.62x39㎜ Soviet, made by Krebs. He asked me for recommendations on a few parts. This is well out of my wheelhouse, so I thought I'd ask you fine friends.

2. A red dot sight.
The adjustable beryl stock, aimpoint, rs regulate.

Years ago it would kill a lessor optic which is why I've always run an Aimpoint and never had an issue, but today even cheaper optics have improved to the point where they handle the heat well.

Im still skeptical.... Not that I would want to subject a high end optic to that kin of heat, higher end optics could probably hold up but man that thing gets too hot to touch, it will burn flesh. A stock AK doesn't have much forearm to grip, with the Ultimak I have to remember not to let even my fingertips touch it. Its well made, good concept... but the heat is a deal breaker IMO.

Im still skeptical.... Not that I would want to subject a high end optic to that kin of heat, higher end optics could probably hold up but man that thing gets too hot to touch, it will burn flesh. A stock AK doesn't have much forearm to grip, with the Ultimak I have to remember not to let even my fingertips touch it. Its well made, good concept... but the heat is a deal breaker IMO.
Ivan says "rifle is fine, use gloves "

I've had an Aimpoint T-1 on an Ultimak mount and Scout M300 with a Gear Sector mount on my SLR-107 for years with multiple classes under my belt and it has never been a problem with function. And yes, it will brand your azz if not careful, but I figure if you're not getting burned and/or cut with an AK you probably aren't yankin' and bankin' it hard enough.

I'm taking that T-1 off and moving it to my 1301 and will replace it with a Primary Arms Micro to see if it will survive.

Thanks all for the thoughts, recommendations, etc. I don't have a pic right now, but he told me he is bringing his Kalash up when visiting soon to transfer at least one pistol. I handled this rifle a bit, but it was some years ago, so don't remember specifics .

2. A red dot sight.

1. Rifle Dynamics makes a M4 stock adapter for stamped receivers.
  2. Aimpoint micro T2 or T1
  3. Ultimak rail
You'll likely get a lot of different answers that are all perfectly acceptable, but the above are my recommendations.

Look into midwest industries. Red dot...I have a sig romeo 5, thats a pretty decent optic. Telescoping stock..idk thats not something id ever do to an ak

I'm going to echo some.of what other have said.

For a stock adapter I'd avoid tapco. Garbage, especially for such a nice rifle. I'd also avoid rifle dynamics. I have one of their adapters. Paid a buck for it at a Reno gun show. I'm not convinced. It doesn't strike me as very strong. I'd say it's a $20-30 part, not $65 that they want. Look at sormwerks and strike industries. IMI has the MAK1 for under $40. The JMac is expensive. Canis Designs has one that looks sturdy.

For optics, if you have a side rail on the receiver Midwest Industries is a no brainer. I've got several of their mounts. They are awesome! I run EOTech and Sig Romeo5s on my AKs that have optics. The Romeo 5 is inexpensive and hasn't failed me. Shake to wake is nice. I'm an EOTech fan vs AimPoint. EOTech is a lot of optic and weight on top of an AK.

I vote Bonesteel Arms for the stock conversion. They make folding AK to AR15 buffer tube kits that are extremely over built.

1613097956619.jpeg

For red dot mount, I vote Texas Weapon systems replacement dust cover.

TWS1.jpg