JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it has a side optics mount plate, perhaps consider sticking with Russian stuff and getting a Russian PK-AS for it.

1613098362035.jpeg

I run Attero arms mounts. They've held zero for years through thousands of rounds and many classes. They mount to the rear sight base. They're a veteran owned company out of Portland. They sell direct or you can check the Khyber Customs webpage. I would have recommended the Magpul Zhukov folding and telescoping stock but mine just stopped staying locked up. Bonesteel, Stormworks, JMAc customs are great outfits

Before you/he purchases a red dot, I would recommend that if he hasn't used one or looked through one recently, that he does. People with astigmatism usually find red dots less than ideal or even unusable (starbursts, blurry, comets, etc). Prism scopes are similar and don't present this problem. They also have an etched reticle if the battery/ electronics fail. My go-to for reasonable priced optics is either Vortex or Primary Arms, due to their lifetime no questions asked warranty. I have a Vortex Spitfire 1x Prism that I'm happy with, and they have just come out with a couple of new models (3x and 5x). I also own Holosun reflex sights (HS510C) and like them as well despite the 3 year warranty, which I have had to use.

I really like the stock except for the polymer hinge. It's comfortable, ergonomic and very adjustable. Magpul should not have cheaped out with the plastic mechanism which is why I don't recommend it. That being said, mine is 4 years old and has seen a lot of abuse.

Their crap, don't waste your time or money. Any folding stock will boil down to the hinge mechanism, the Zhukov's hinge is polymer, polymer has its place and hinge mechanisms aren't it.
Been beating on mine for years. Combination of field duty, EDC, classes and competition and it's just as tight as it was when I installed it.

Tapco tried the plastic hinge too. It was garbage.

If it has a side optics mount plate, perhaps consider sticking with Russian stuff and getting a Russian PK-AS for it.

View attachment 824876

I own two PK-AS optics and while I think they're really cool optics from a collecting / cool-factor perspective I wouldnt recommend them for their functionality. The glass quality is pretty poor on every example I've ever seen, low-light performance is bad, the eye-box is small and temperamental and the parallax is awful. It's also so heavy that it's like taping a brick to the side of your rifle :p. I think the only thing the PK-AS has going for it is that it's built like a tank and works without batteries. Besides those two things, most other name-brand optics in an equivalent price range will outperform the PK-AS in nearly every regard.

So, my father has an AKM-47 in 7.62x39㎜ Soviet, made by Krebs. He asked me for recommendations on a few parts. This is well out of my wheelhouse, so I thought I'd ask you fine friends.

1. Adjustable, telescoping stock to replace the fixed one.
  2. A red dot sight.
  3. Some means of mounting the aforementioned sight.
Recommendation? Thanks. :)

1) Rifle dynamics or JMAC custom stock adapter for an ar stock
2)aimpoint micro or aimpoint comp m5 or a budget optic with the same mounting footprint
3)rs regulate mount for the micro

These are not inexpensive items (and might be pretty tough to find in this market) but they will last as long as the gun

1) Rifle dynamics or JMAC custom stock adapter for an ar stock
2)aimpoint micro or aimpoint comp m5 or a budget optic with the same mounting footprint
3)rs regulate mount for the micro

These are not inexpensive items (and might be pretty tough to find in this market) but they will last as long as the gun
Id send links but a little busy with a thesis atm

Well that's pretty! How does it run and who made it stubby? I've heard siagas can get pretty finiky when you go short.
Still a work in progress. I stamped it and did all the work myself, including opening the post to get it to cycle just about everything, though it still struggles with low brass target loads.

On my AK74 I've used the midwest industries optic mount and the RS Regulate and the RS regulate is my favorite. Modular, lower profile, fit and finish is hard to beat.

For the stock adapter I have the Rifle Dynamics Ak to Ar stock adapter and its been great. Very sturdy, feels quality, and the shipping time was fast. Like shipped 3 day priority mail a couple hours after I ordered it. At first I tried to go through bonesteel arms and after 3 months of my stock not shipping I contacted them and was told it would be at least another 6 weeks. I cancelled the order and they didn't refund me for another 3 weeks, until I threatened to dispute the charge with my bank. I would be very cautious in dealing with them.