JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've actually already seen "stuff 'em into standing boxes" proposed in some Boeing and various OEM-outfitter studies... so I'm just bringing what they're trying to sweep under the rug out into daylight.

You Read It Here FIRST! :)
Standing boxes? Geez, not even courteous enough to have the boxes just lay down on top of each other.

For now. Next step is to replace the comfy chairs in first class with comfy coffins.
Oh, make no mistake, those willing to pay through every orifice will always be well taken care of... until things reach the point where Private/Charter are cheaper, at which time they'll try to regulate them back out of viability like their whore Shuster and his Big Air-provided live-in prostitute tried to do with his bill giving them control over the ATC system.

Let me restate for clarity: Did I just accuse the airline industry of turning one of their lobbyists into a prostitute and pay her to Put Out for a Congressvermin to buy his support for their agenda?

Last Edited:
Oh, make no mistake, those willing to pay through every orifice will always be well taken care of...

You shouldn't keep things so bottled up, its unhealthy.

The passenger's bill of rights was last updated in 2011 and has nothing to do with your comfort while seated other than they can't lock you up in a communal fart tube on the tarmac for more than 4 hours. Where would the push to change this come from?

You know those bins they have up at the counter...The ones where you have to be able to stuff your carry-on into it to make sure it fits...otherwise you have to check it? They need one of those for people! :rolleyes:

Even steerage class on most of the larger ships in the early 1900's was much more pleasant than the flying cattle cars of today. You had more room and able to move around. If I were to go anywhere todayit would either be by train or ship. May be slower but at least you don't suffer from jet lag. The difference between the first time I flew in 1962 and the last time in 2001 is the difference between night and day. Every time became less pleasant until the last time I swore would be the last time I would fly.

Last Edited:
Even steerage class on most of the larger ships in the early 1900's was much more pleasant that the flying cattle cars of today. You had more room and able to move around. If I were to go anywhere todayit would either be by train or ship. May be slower but at least you don't suffer from jet lag. The difference between the first time I flew in 1962 and the last time in 2001 is the difference between night and day. Every time became less pleasant until the last time I swore would be the last time I would fly.

Worst of all, now they let dudes be stewardesses!

Another benefit of retirement. I can spend several days driving somewhere, stop anytime I feel like it, and never feel rushed, squished, or put upon. Still inconvenienced by others need for frequent restroom stops, but after 43+ years of putting up with me, I'm just going to say 'no problem, I feel like another cup of coffee anyway.'

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top