JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My non-easy to do standard goes like this. While in the waiting area, each each and every passenger must sit in a seat which matches that airline, and their carry-ons must go into the box that matches that air line. Please arrive early to get your hand stamped.
Stay on the same airline, no recheck at lay overs.
I would also have free checked bags, pay for carry on. That's right, you want your stuff with you, pay for the privileged.

Eliminates the gate agent you're ok, you're not ok stuff. AND the FA cannot override once aboard. You get passed the ticket scan you are on. period.

If you have checked in, you get billed, therefore, they can't change nor give away your seat until after they have made the "door is being closed" call.

I also would not allow seats to recline past the 1st spot - ie not at all. Need to be able to stand. Safety. If you had an emergency evacuation, and can't stand up with out the seat infront of you being returned to upright, then it should not go back. Panic will have set in, an none will be returned.

Not reality. I know,

SIT UP STRAIGHT: British Airways to axe reclining seats on some flights.

Last Edited:
I didn't see this brought up, but if you are a healthy 10% male body fat (measured accurately by immersion or equipment, not tape measure) you can be "morbidly obese" Muscle is denser than fat.
See MMA / footballers / power lifters / body builders etc.

This was mentioned - major for me is seat width and leg room.

Same for me. I'm 6'1" and I weigh 220. That chart said I should weigh 188. I'd look sickly being that thin.

Same here. I'm also 6'1" Some years ago, I got my weight down to 200, was running regularly and quite fit. People thought I had cancer or something - and my doc? Based on those damn charts, he wanted me to drop another 15lbs! I told him the only way that would happen would be to cut off my junk! :rolleyes:

Went to the airport today to drop off my buddy. 30 minutes later, I got a text saying that the airline made it a big deal that his checked baggage was 1 lb over. He even spoke to a manager and they told him the same thing. He ended up paying extra fees.

that being said, this is BS. I remember checked baggage used to be 60-70 lbs like 10 years ago. Now its half that. All thanks to obese people who are making the planes heavier, thus forcing airlines to reduce the weight of the checked baggage. This is no coincidence since decades ago, Americans were is good shape, now fast forward today, obesity is an epidemic.

Hopefully one day they will pass a law regarding fat people to be charged more.

this is a good pic of what our country looks like now..

View attachment 418792

I see some flaws in your thinking here.

First - years ago, airlines had fewer seats, ergo, fewer people, less weight, less baggage, so more allowance for bigger bags. I think you're making a false equivalency here. I'm tall and my legs are rammed into the seat in front of me - should I get special consideration for the discomfort I experience because they've added a ton more seats in every plane?

Second - not everyone on a flight is big enough to offset bad weight - I've flown many times and only seen maybe 5-10% max of people that are really large. Really, this is about cramming more bags and more people on flights than about some overweight folks.

Third - this will NEVER happen - why? Because it would be a form of discrimination. Like it or not, picking people out based on some physical attribute, even if it's one that is under their control (in many cases), is discrimination. You'd have lawsuits up the ying yang if this became a thing. Can't fit in the seat, that's a physical limitation, but just being heavy, never going to happen.

To be frank, despite what people think the majority of the U.S is not obese. Overweight, maybe but that walks into the territory of by what standard. The chart? Horrible standard. Even people who aren't fat could still be overweight by the chart's standard.

They use a standard weight per person to weight and balance calculations. For what it's worth, passenger aircraft are rarely flown at max weight, freighters are a totally different situation.

As for one pound over, there is no fudge factor for the line and don't ever forget, one pound over is an opportunity to make more money for a very heartless corporation. If it one pound for your friend, it can be 2 pounds for me and 20 more for my wife (because princess).

Tell ya what. YOU spend six to eight hours stuck in that sardine-can seat with schmucks next to you who have to all get up and out so you can get to the aisle. THEN come back and talk to me about reclining...

We wouldn't HAVE this problem if Big Air wasn't all about "buttrape everybody but us, without courtesy of lube."

Big Air's responsibility, like any corporation, is to maximize shareholder return. A passenger is a commodity that wants either get there as cheap as possible, or is willing to pay for privilege. So, you know, you can pay not to be butt raped.

Tell ya what. YOU spend six to eight hours stuck in that sardine-can seat with schmucks next to you who have to all get up and out so you can get to the aisle. THEN come back and talk to me about reclining...

We wouldn't HAVE this problem if Big Air wasn't all about "buttrape everybody but us, without courtesy of lube."
Be in the middle seats, and have to go through two people to get to the aisle. Oh, and bonus points if everyone on both sides of you are heavy sleepers.

Be in the middle seats, and have to go through two people to get to the aisle. Oh, and bonus points if everyone on both sides of you are heavy sleepers.
Thanks for further reinforcing my point. :) Same is just as true if you have Window, though...

F*** the Airline Mafia--their entire history has been nothing but bailout after bailout, not to mention preferential treatment and massive subsidization on the backs of their competitors.

Well, people who are able to get their seats ahead of time know to avoid the window. The view may be nice, but you know what is nicer? Being able to use the restrooms! :rolleyes:
LOL, I have a 50,000-mile bladder... the problem is being stuffed into a coffin-size space.

Frankly, I suspect if UAL thought it'd be cheaper they'd rather just stuff everybody into actual coffins in place of seats and haul 'em that way...

LOL, I have a 50,000-mile bladder... the problem is being stuffed into a coffin-size space.

Frankly, I suspect if UAL thought it'd be cheaper they'd rather just stuff everybody into actual coffins in place of seats and haul 'em that way...
Don't give em ideas. They may actually end up changing the seats into coffins, and they might even make people share!

Don't give em ideas. They may actually end up changing the seats into coffins, and they might even make people share!
I've actually already seen "stuff 'em into standing boxes" proposed in some Boeing and various OEM-outfitter studies... so I'm just bringing what they're trying to sweep under the rug out into daylight.

You Read It Here FIRST! :)

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR