JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like deer Park nice little town I used to go there all the time winter and summer just far enough North of Spokane to be a nice town LOL

And maybe they should charge people that don't bathe and stink like hell triple!!! fat or not.
Lol have you ever been on a greyhound bus that's where those people are if you can afford a plane ticket you should be able to shower if not take a greyhound lol back in the day I road a bus HEHEH NEVER AGAIN

Coming from a health stand point, I believe thoroughly we should make things more difficult and expensive people who are overweight.

You should get a handicap placard that is for a space at the backside of the lot
You health insurnace should be twice as much as mine, not raise mine, because you cost them more.

I hate the fact that we treat obese people as though they are handicapped, or it's a health issue.
It's mental illness, it's mental weakness, and it's lack of effort.

I get people who threaten to sue my company because they break our ADA benches and lift, ADA law only states we have to accomodate up to 250lbs, these items are for people who have physical disabilities.
Not for someone who has led a unhealthy lifestyle and refuses to do anything about it. Just keep getting worse.

And along with that!
Food stamps, EBT, etc should not be used for cookies, pies, soda, cigarettes, cheetos or any junk food.
Fruits, veggies, canned foods, cereal, etc.
100% agree, couldn't have said it better but will add that it would be nice to drug test EBT holders before giving them their benefits and have them for a set duration on the program. That way they know that one day they will have to join ranks with the working productive part of society... I hope I didn't come off harsh

If they were really all that concerned about weight, they'd restrict the weight of carry-on's.
In reality, it's more about available volume. The less volume taken up by those irritating passengers, the more volume available for light, but bulky, overly padded, Amazon packages. (eg.. yesterday I received a 12" cube box with 2 Oz of a 1"square, indestructible blender part, and full of bubble wrap)
Heck, If they could figure out a way to pull a trailer for added cargo volume, they'd do it. (passengers would, of course get packed into the trailer)

upload_2018-1-6_18-57-0.png

(I have NO idea how someone would use their EBT card to board a plane)

Last Edited:
100% agree, couldn't have said it better but will add that it would be nice to drug test EBT holders before giving them their benefits and have them for a set duration on the program. That way they know that one day they will have to join ranks with the working productive part of society... I hope I didn't come off harsh
Seriously don't get me started on this subject lol I don't have time I'm on my last beer for the night to start a conversation about EBT B.S.

if they are very wide, then im sure they do. but there are fat people who take up only one seat and dont pay extra fees.

they need to set up a weight limit. for example, if you are 5'11, then the average normal weight would be 136 to 178 lbs. and if you are over that limit, you should pay more.

here is a website that shows what is the normal weight based on your height

Ideal Height and Weight Chart
Huh?! 5'11 136 is normal? Maybe in Germany in 1944.

Hell, the US Army used to allow HORSE CAVALRY up to 120 at 5-6, and Horse Cav were generally the smallest and lightest until Vietnam Tunnel Rats came along... so 5-11 136 I'm throwing the BS flag, especially when at 5-6 my LEAN weight is 160 (which was for comparison the "trim" weight of 5-10 MacArthur before he got Occupation Fat) thanks to a large "frame size" before you even start putting soft tissue on the bones never mind spare tire.

Open the door for one discriminatory fee you open it for others... my last time flying on business was a redeye to Indianapolis where I lost several hours of productivity because there was this one evil old _itch who was prowling the cabin LOOKING for the slightest source of noise to complain about. My aunt's crocheting, my laptop, a guy several aisles ahead's snoring, pages turning in a gal across the aisle's book... I even went so far as to offer her one of my pairs of earplugs I always keep handy and she still insisted on raising stinks about everyone and everything until I threatened to file a complaint of my own about her harassment. Can I get her charged a "Being a B*tch" fee?

How many scrawnies can you fit in a shower? I don't know, they keep falling down the drain! :p

Last Edited:
Those height/weight charts are BS. I've always carried a lot of muscle mass. In high school I was 5'10" and 190#. No one would have called me as fat-bubblegum. Even now, many, many pounds heavier, the only time I've been called a fat-bubblegum was by a BMX riding tweaker on Foster that was granted a reality adjustment.

according to the BMI chart (which i think is stupid as hell) based on height and weight Derrick Henry of the Tennessee Titans is obese.

yeah. ok.

according to the above chart:

I'm morbidly obese.

Says nothing that my shoulder width is around 23"... imagine my wide shoulder and narrow bubblegum sitting next to you in an 18" wide airplane seat. Doesn't matter that I'm 18" of bubblegum... How we going to say who gets the armrest? Good luck compressing my shoulders and ribcage across my body.

if they are very wide, then im sure they do. but there are fat people who take up only one seat and dont pay extra fees.

they need to set up a weight limit. for example, if you are 5'11, then the average normal weight would be 136 to 178 lbs. and if you are over that limit, you should pay more.

You do realize that there are people (like me) who are considered overweight on those charts despite not being fat right?

There's a reason I often call the ideal height and weight chart a moronic system.

You do realize that there are people (like me) who are considered overweight on those charts despite not being fat right?

There's a reason I often call the ideal height and weight chart a moronic system.

I'm another one of those guys. I'm a fat guy right now, but I think the absolute least I could weigh and not be unhealthy would be 205-210, and I'm 6'1. Those BMI calculators say I'm overweight at anything over 189 pounds. Assuming I added only 5-10 pounds of muscle in the process of weight loss, I could easily go 210-220 and be in great shape. In college, I weighed 227 and almost had a 6 pack. At 237 pounds and being 31 years old, I could run up 7 flights of stairs two at a time and not even be very winded at the top, and mountain biked 3-4 days a week, 1-2 hours a day. At that 237, I still wore a 34-36 waist pant and XL shirts were tight on me because my shoulders are so wide and my chest is so big. I'd guess at the best shape I could safely be in, I would have a 34 inch waist and a 48 inch chest.

As if the airlines didn't already treat us like cattle, you want them to weigh us, too? What's next, a marbling assessment and scrotal circumference?

They do... They make them pay for 2 seats (depending on how fat they are).

My corporate HQ is outside Atlanta. My co-worker, who is a big guy 6ft+ & 450, and I had to go. He had to buy 2 seats for several legs of the trip. He got 1 extra leg - they (travel) sent him to one extra city, perhaps Charlotte, so he could get Business class on a leg, whereas I got a slightly longer layover where ever we had changed planes (DFW maybe?) (2 layovers for me, I am sure to save a couple of $$)

One segment, the airline booked him in a row with non-movable arms. Why have 2 seats if you can't lift the arm rest.
Anyways, the FA got a person from my row to swap.

As he got the same row as I did, I got to benefit from the "empty" seat too.

He has reported that in his travels, sometimes he has to buy 2 seats and sometimes not. And it seems to be upto the individual employees. Get off a 767, to get onto the next 767 same air line, and now go from 1 required seats to 2.

Also, he has reported getting his 2 seats split - front of plane, back of plane.

He does not find the humor in it. But if someone else is paying, he'll book 2 seats from the get-go.

Last Edited:

Back in the early 90's I was in the CG (r) and we were measured small/med/large based upon the bone structure of hte wrist. Measure around, then use that chart. I was allowed upto 205 lbs as a large. I have shrunk in height since then.

As I recall, the USA (army) didn't like the look pretty regulations and some brass pulled the stats for the Redskins
and none of those guys would be allowed in! So the Army got its own pretty standards.

My Chief, at the time, had 20 as regular and had never been served a healthy meal. Food guidelines also dropped about 90.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews