JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went to the airport today to drop off my buddy. 30 minutes later, I got a text saying that the airline made it a big deal that his checked baggage was 1 lb over. He even spoke to a manager and they told him the same thing. He ended up paying extra fees.

that being said, this is BS. I remember checked baggage used to be 60-70 lbs like 10 years ago. Now its half that. All thanks to obese people who are making the planes heavier, thus forcing airlines to reduce the weight of the checked baggage. This is no coincidence since decades ago, Americans were is good shape, now fast forward today, obesity is an epidemic.

Hopefully one day they will pass a law regarding fat people to be charged more.

this is a good pic of what our country looks like now..

daviddeesintro.jpg

They do... They make them pay for 2 seats (depending on how fat they are).
if they are very wide, then im sure they do. but there are fat people who take up only one seat and dont pay extra fees.

they need to set up a weight limit. for example, if you are 5'11, then the average normal weight would be 136 to 178 lbs. and if you are over that limit, you should pay more.

here is a website that shows what is the normal weight based on your height

Ideal Height and Weight Chart

And overweight and overloaded overhead luggage to keep from paying for checked baggage? And the extra seating time involved while these youngsters are trying to get their overloaded and overweight carryons in the little overhead bins so they can save on checked luggage fees?

Some of the airlines have this figured out too. At least one airline I used this year charged for carry on baggage.

And all the carry on food and drinks now, so folks don't have to pay for their snacks. Charge these folks by the pound? And make them pay a trash fee when they're done?

Okay, they treat us like cargo anyway, so charge us by the pound. That means passenger weight with everything they're bringing. Laptops, games, carryon luggage, checked luggage, snacks and drinks, the whole works. Then the small people wont feel slighted that larger people are flying cheaper per pound.

I just did some ciphering, using information found online. Cutting to the chase for discussion sake, an extra 100 lbs in a Boeing 777, on a 5,000 mile trip, would burn 5.7 gallons more fuel. At roughly $2.25 per gallon, that's just under 13 dollars. Add that to a large persons ticket price. On an overstuffed carry on bag, say 40 pounds, would cost $5.25 for extra fuel. And in either case, it would cost the airline to pay someone to weigh every item and every person that entered the aircraft, and calculate the actual fuel cost. That cost would be added to everybodies ticket price. A losing proposition. It's cheaper for both the airline, and the passengers to charge an average cost per passenger.

Last Edited:
Coming from a health stand point, I believe thoroughly we should make things more difficult and expensive people who are overweight.

You should get a handicap placard that is for a space at the backside of the lot
You health insurnace should be twice as much as mine, not raise mine, because you cost them more.

I hate the fact that we treat obese people as though they are handicapped, or it's a health issue.
It's mental illness, it's mental weakness, and it's lack of effort.

I get people who threaten to sue my company because they break our ADA benches and lift, ADA law only states we have to accomodate up to 250lbs, these items are for people who have physical disabilities.
Not for someone who has led a unhealthy lifestyle and refuses to do anything about it. Just keep getting worse.

And along with that!
Food stamps, EBT, etc should not be used for cookies, pies, soda, cigarettes, cheetos or any junk food.
Fruits, veggies, canned foods, cereal, etc.

Those height/weight charts are stupid. At 6'4, I should weigh less than 204 to be considered "normal" according to the chart. Right.

Regardless of how much I weigh, one thing wont change and I'll always make others uncomfortable if they are next to me. Im 25 inches across the shoulders. I have a difference of 11 inches between my chest and waist. That means I'll never come close to needing a seatbelt extension. Im not comfortable to sit next to.

Why not have the airlines explain why the average leg room has gone from 34 to 31 inches and the average seat width from 18 to 16? Tall people already have to pay extra for emergency row seats to get more leg room.

Those height/weight charts are stupid. At 6'4, I should weigh less than 204 to be considered "normal" according to the chart. Right.

Regardless of how much I weigh, one thing wont change and I'll always make others uncomfortable if they are next to me. Im 25 inches across the shoulders. I have a difference of 11 inches between my chest and waist. That means I'll never come close to needing a seatbelt extension. Im not comfortable to sit next to.

Why not have the airlines explain why the average leg room has gone from 34 to 31 inches and the average seat width from 18 to 16? Tall people already have to pay extra for emergency row seats to get more leg room.

Same for me. I'm 6'1" and I weigh 220. That chart said I should weigh 188. I'd look sickly being that thin.

I'll keep my fat-bubblegum out of this save for a few facts. Even though I am considered obese, I have normal blood pressure, good cholesterol levels, and am not pre-diabetic. I am a healthy fat person. Should I lose weight anyway, yep, and I'm aware of it, thanks.
Lastly, regarding airline travel. My shoulders are too broad for the ever shrinking size of airline seats. My almost 6'5" frame means my legs are too long. I'll start caring about the airlines bottom line when they start caring about passenger comfort.

Fat guy out.

After watching that vid of the Dr dude getting drug off the plane I don't know how anyone can stand to fly. People packed in like sardines! With seats that narrow forget obese, it wouldn't take much extra weight to feel cramped.

If thats the case small children on flights should cost triple for making things that much more annoying. Little crying germ factories is all they are.

Love hearing nothing but inconsolable crying for four straight hours because the parents thought it would be a good idea to bring a child under 5 on a plane for the holidays.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top