JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As of 11/2/2017 I have retired after 36 yrs and 9 mos of service with my former employer.

This will be quite the paradigm shift. I still haven't shaken the habit of waking up wayyyy too early in the morning and feeling that false sense of urgency to get up and get to work.

Not much planned for the immediate future. I'll take a long vacation, spend a bit more time listening to music, spend more time at the indoor range and work on a few projects around the house. The wife wants me to create her art glass business website and manage that business for her so she can focus on the art and not be distracted by the business. Artists...what ya gonna do? :rolleyes: A friend of mine also has a small startup he needs help with so I'll lend a hand where I can.

I will eventually seek some form of part time employment just to keep the brain from turning to mush but what that will be I have no idea. Maybe I will start my own consulting firm, maybe I'll go to work for a small company that needs help managing their business administration. Then again, maybe you'll pull up to the McDonald's order kiosk and hear me asking you if you'd like fries with your order. :p

Congrats! as someone that will be working for 30+ yrs more....find something you like but not you hobby...dont burn your fun time.....keep it fun....or are able to pick and choose. Just my opinion...I'm a youngster....

Retired 6-30-2006. I'm as busy as ever helping the son and son-in-law with maintenance on their home, working on projects for the wife on our house of 43 years, doing maintenance work at church with a bunch of retired guys two days a week, etc. No debt. Probably the most balanced time in my life: I do things I like to do, but no schedule drives me. The wife wishes I worked faster, but quiets when I offer to hire a contractor. [She's cheap that way!:)] I always had jobs that required getting up early, so it still feels a treat to sleep in til 6:30 or 7:00.

Congrats! Having lots o' free time on your hands has got to be very nice indeed. :D

Alas, I'm many years off, though I've been planning and preparing (financially and otherwise) for years now for when I can bail.

Congrats! I too just retired,10-01-17, just now slept past old wake up time once, doing lot's of stuff around new house, down sized to smaller home trying to get all things to fit! This is a new beginning, when I started 40+ years ago I didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up, still don't but I'm searching!:)

Congratulations on retirement. Me too. Retired 4-2017. Lots to do remodeling the
house and exploring with a new camping trailer. Still hard to believe not having
to go to work but I am getting use to it.:D:D:D

The one thing I won't do when I retire is get another job.

Been working 45+ years, I am ready (emotionally) to quit now (not including working summers on the farm).

I am so tired of going to work and dealing with people. It is getting harder and harder to find the motivation to go to work each day. The only real reason I keep going is to have enough funds for emergencies.

If I am going to be doing any work, it will be unpaid work on my property.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top